Advice for Someone with Acne?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by kowaihannah, Dec 31, 2012.

1. i think if you start to excersise, eat healthy for months maybe a year. and keep clean you should see results. It takes time for them to go away. I have acne too. I noticed my face is really oily. Idk why

2. Avoid milk and gluten. Eat more skin healthy foods packed with anti-oxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C, healthy natural saturated fats (coconut oil and palm oil), and omega 3.

Supplement with Saw Palmetto (it's a natural fatty acid).

3. Either eat organic vegetables, fruits, chicken and fish exclusively was and use only the most rare natural substances on your face dont stress at all, take vitamin supplements and hope it works out
    Or suck it up and use accutane as much as it may suck.

still omega 3s are great, less fats is always good

4. Healthy fats, like omega 3s and 6s along with saturated fats from coconut and palm oil are vital for healthy, elastic, strong, clear, and naturally moisturized skin. Monounsaturated fats also play a significant role. Balance is key; limit polyunsaturated fats and make sure you get plenty of natural forms of saturated and monounsaturated fats.

However completely avoid hydrogenated fats - such as corn, soybean, vegetable, and canola oil. So that means avoid eating out and buying those oils. Most, if not all restaurants use cheap, heavily processed, hydrogenated, GMO-based vegetable oils. Try to make sure most of your sources of fat remain raw, as heating fats oxidizes them. Predominately polyunsaturated oils are most prone to oxidation (such as the vegetable oils I just named), followed by predominately monounsaturated oils such as olive and avocado oil, with predominately saturated oils such as coconut oil being the most stable of oils. So if you need to cook with oil, try to use coconut oil or an oil that is half saturated and half monounsaturated such as palm oil or butter (preferably grass-fed butter or goat butter).

5. As for Saw Palmetto...

Effectiveness of Saw Palmetto for Acne - Scientific Report - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com