Advice for protecting my plants from frost?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Naturalgas, Mar 7, 2017.

1. So yesterday I put down ten seeds in a nice spot in the woods near my house. As a first time grower it appears that I have neglected to anticipate the fact that we may get some frost later this month as it is really early in spring. So would my plants be able to survive without any help? or is there anything I can do to protect them from the frost? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If they are small you can put a plastic dome over them when you fear frost approaching. Don't use a milk jug, use clear 2 liter bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What part of the country? You should be sprouting your seeds indoors under 18 hours minimum artificial light in starter medium (maybe Foxfarm) in starter pots. Then after they are mature enough transfer to larger pot for a few weeks or so, then transplant outdoors when they are more robust.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the advice, I have a few plastic bottles that will do nicely I was mostly concerned about if the cold temperatures would damage the plants at such a young stage, but I suppose that temperatures won't dip much below 25 degrees at worst and that may not be as big of a problem as anticipated

5. I live in North Carolina and unfortunately I lack the funds to purchase artificial lighting, so I soaked my seeds for 12 hours and transplanted them directly into the soil, thanks for the reply btw

6. you can get a LED capable of producing buds for $80. just a thought. good luck with your current situation.

7. Grab some bunches of pine needles and place them generously around the base of the plant. My grandmother used to do this with her plants in her garden and the frost never killed them.

8. A florescent light is all you need.

9. Next time, wait until all danger of frost has past. I am in south cali semi arid dessert climate and I am still waiting.

• Like Like x 3