Advice for Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by BritBrit, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Yo, it's my 21st birthday at the beginning of April so me, two buddies, my brother and one of his mates are all going to Amsterdam.

Pretty much we're gunna be there for 5 nights. We want to hit up coffee shops, get shrooms and go to some good clubs. Maybe even hit up the red light district.

Anyway, none of us have ever been. What should I know before I go? I can't speak any Dutch. I know the majority of the Dutch speak excellent English anyway.

We're all British if that makes any difference. So yeah, any advice from some fellow blades to make this trip an epic win?

Rep for whoever has good advice.

2. Not much to say really.
    Remember to constantly be looking in all directions. There tends to be a vehicle coming at you at all times.:smoke:
    Caps got outlawed, shame because those cyanescens were fucking awesome.

3. Everyone there speaks perfect English.

Get a little pedal boat along the canals with a few grams, I remember that being fun.

And as has been said, watch out for traffic, dealing with Trams, hundreds of bikes and cars is fucking tough when you're stoned.

My favorite coffeeshops were Greenhouse, Dampkring, Barney's Lounge and Route 99 or Amnesia, print off a coffeeshop map before you go, you can probably get one there but it was pretty useful.

And a stoned meander through the red light district at night is fun.

It's fucking expensive there, so keep that in mind, 2 euro for a glass of milk in Amnesia and 2 Euro for a Lion bar in the cornershops and I remember cooked meals were a joke, 10 euro plus for a tiny fry up etc. I try and just use supermarkets for food and make myself little sandwiches and stuff, save a lot of money, even though temptation is usually too great (the toasties in Amnesia are incredible...).

And my friends got some truffles last time I was there, I didn't have one and dunno how strong theirs were but they all said they made them feel seriously ill for like 24 hours and didn't get them that fucked.

Hope you have a good trip man.

4. Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing I usually post.

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html

Abraxas was my favourite, the Dampkring decor kicked arse but it was pretty expensive and I went to Route 66 a lot (the weed there was cheap as chips and still pretty good) which I'm guessing is the sister shop to Route 99.

5. Depends what you're wanting. I just lived on cheap crisps 'n Burger King. lol
    The beer's cheaper than it is over here.:smoke:

6. Is burger king still reasonably cheap then? :D

7. Yeah pretty much the same as over here.

Forgot about the BK in Dam Sq, that place was a munchie lifesaver haha.

8. Oh I should mention that when I say beer's cheaper I mean in supermarkets. If I remember right the beer was about the same price if not more in pubs when compared to here.
    About £2.50 a pint of lager where I am for the record.

9. i'm going at the beginning of april too, 1st-4th :D

that map is really helpful, gunna print that bad boy off.

10. Bring lots of money because it goes away fast.

11. i thought tourists were no longer allowed in coffeeshops?

12. You can get a crate of bottled heineken for about 10-15 euros but save the bottles and crate take them back the next day and get your next crate half price.
    My sister stays over in the Dam and I was over at Xmas. If your unsure about things the ask someone in one of the coffee shops. As folk said watch out for the trams etc. If you do go down the red light disrict then dont buy stuff from guys on the street, they will try to sell you everything.
    Most folk in bars coffee shops are friendly and as long as you dont act like fools you will be fine.
    Enjoy as IMO it is one if not the best cities in the world. Top tip for a day trip is the Zoo or the Rijksmuseum when very high (they are huge and a good way to pass a day).
    Happy toking

13. That is not happening. It was a council in the south of the country that wanted to start that due to people jumping over the border from germany for a smoke. Most Dutch people do not want this and they usually get what they want

14. My advice is to take it easy to start with. The first coffeeshop I went into I was like a kid in a candy shop, smoked everything then greened out hard. I smoke every day but I went a bit crazy when faced with an unlimited supply of very good stuff :D

15. Sick i'm going 29th-3rd!

Shit's gunna be whack. Then 17 days later i'm going to the 4/20 event at Hyde Park in London. There's going to be thousands of people!

16. ^^Is that happening properly this year?

I went 2 years ago and there were literally 20 stoners sitting in the middle of a field next to the Serpentine, that was it despite there being a few thousand on the facebook group. Apparently it was decent last year though.

17. Cannabis Law Reform - Clear | Facebook

Have a look on here, it should have the event somewhere. I think there are actually two official groups by accident. There'll be loads of other events and shit made by randomers.

18. check out the hash at BasJoes.. its the best in all the land. i was sooooooooo messed up dude, i had NO idea what was going on. I got so turned around, and man WATCH OUT FOR THE BIKERS. they are EVERYWHERE!!

19. i've always wondered, surely you must leave the place stinking of weed. are they likely to search you at the airport on the way back because of this? i wouldn't even consider trying to smuggle any weed back, but surely if you walk past the security check places while you smell of weed then they'll search you..

20. Didn't search me or anyone I was with, and I've got insanely long hair so I'm a pretty likely candidate for smoking weed. lol
    Threw a bit of hash in my bag too.:smoke: