Advertising Project- Survey

Discussion in 'General' started by Str8oFfThEtOP, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. I'm doing a project with a group for one of my advertising classes regarding social media. If you've got a few minutes I would really appreciate it if you could fill it out. The survey is composed of questions regarding social media and its importance in the advertising/marketing world. The survey is anonymous, not that there are any embarrassing or controversial questions.

Our project is a semester long project consisting of situation analysis reports, multiple focus group reports and survey questionnaire reports. When all is said and done, the class will have been an introduction to the process of gathering all of the research that is necessary to create an effective advertising campaign.

Thanks again everyone. :D

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6JSQTTZ

PS: This isn't spam or a sketchy link. The survey is performed on a trustworthy website called "SurveyMonkey."

2. What is with all the Blippy questions?
    It almosts sounds like they are sponsoring this.

3. this is advertising for blibby dude. Alot of the quesitons are about it

4. #4 Str8oFfThEtOP, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    I made the survey with my group and it is not at all an advertisement for Blippy. This is for a Advertising Research class and our goal is to survey social media users. Then, we are supposed to gain awareness of a medium and survey people to see how we would promote this medium in a real-life situation. This is ABSOLUTELY NOT an advertisement for Blippy. I am not even a Blippy user, and have no connection to Blippy, except for the fact that it is the social medium my particular group chose to do our research on. I am not spamming the board, I simply need a very large number of respondents for the survey results to be usable in our project so I need to get the survey out there. The reason we chose Blippy in the first place was because it was an emerging medium that isn't widely known and we are trying to simulate a situation where we would be advertisers researching how to promote this emerging medium.

EDIT: If you don't believe me, read the first sentence of the survey. I believe one of our group members even wrote something about how we are "advertising students gathering survey results for a project."

EDIT2: Furthermore, go back and look at my previous posts, post count and history on this forum. Why would I go to all of that trouble just so that I could advertise for a struggling social medium? I've never once mentioned Blippy on this forum, so why you think that I would go out there to spam a forum that I visit pretty regularly is beyond me.

5. Well there it is you see, you guys are getting good at your goal. :cool::smoke:

Quote " we are trying to simulate a situation where we would be advertisers researching how to promote this emerging medium. " UnQuote

That is why it looks suspicious - you are getting good at your training. ;)

6. Yeah, I could understand that. I guess I got a little heated. What's funny though is that this would not actually be the advertisement. This is just simply a questionnaire to analyze what kind of presence Blippy holds in a competitive market. This information would then be combined with other pieces of data to formulate a media strategy and ultimately, a complete advertising campaign.

Again, thank you to anyone who does actually complete the survey. I need a couple hundred responses so each and every one does help me and my group a lot.

7. I've NEVER heard of blippy before. So I was quite confused when taking the survey.

8. Well I completed it for you but have never heard of blippy. So the last half is a lot of no's and blank boxes.