Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Banter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Glenjammin, Sep 26, 2014.

1. So I have been growing for about 15 years. I have tried a number of nutrient programs and heard it all. I landed on using Advanced Nutrients about 5 years ago. I was convinced that a company that has such great marketing stratigeis would have very competitive nutrinets. I was right but I must say you have to be able to seperate the marketing from the growing. I wanted to share some of my results with you guys and see what kind of input everyone had. Plus i think alot of people will benifit from reading this who use Advanced Nutrients. I switched over to the PH Perfect tech about 2 years ago and was blown away. Let it be known though this stuff doesnt PH the water it just expands the Bioavability of the nutrients. So basically your plant at 7.5 can uptake what it could at 5.7-6.2. This is pretty cool and I will say that it does work. I used it two diffrent ways with way way diffrent results. If you just dump that shit into tap water and add the nutients you are going to more than likely get top quality buds if you know the basics of growning. But you arent going to get the weight it just will NOT HAPPEN. That being said here is my PH Perfect Tech secreat. First of all im using 40 gallon resiovor with a flood and drain style table. My grow medium is Rockwool and im undere a 1000 watt light. YOU CAN NOT ADD PH DOWN OR UP TO PH PERFECT BASE IT WILL BREAK DOWN THE BUFFER AND YOUR PPM AND PH WILL GO HAYWIRE!! So the best thing to do is this. Either RO or Filter your water with a very good filter this stuff works wonders with basically miimal ppm. I think I was about 30-100 PPm with my base water. Then Before you mix anything PH the water to 5.7-6.o depending your straing how you like ti whatever. I was usinng 3 55 gallon barrels to do this I called it treated water. I would let it set up to the right tempreture with Aquarium heaters about 67-70 degrees. Then I would airate the water and let it set for usually a week after you get it rolling make some water after every time you use it and let it sit. SO now that you have your base water Feed accodingly to your custome feed schdule. I only used Ph sensi base Nirvana Bud Candy Senzsym Big Bud Overdrive. All the other stuff wasnt for me. I did also use some home brew Compost tea for Benificals and building a food web in my sterile medium. Makre sure that you add part A and stir up the water then wait and add part b. This is the key dont mix that shit toghater. Then basically I swear to god your done monitoring ppm and ph its all over after you have your base water. I then have 1 of the 5 gallon res mied up with nutes and I use that to fill the res and then on days of top off i just top it back off with that. If there light feeders just use half the mix and half the base water. ANd you are good to go. I was feeding 2 hours after the light came on and 2 hours before the light went off. only feeding twice per light cycle. I hope this helps some of you Advanced growers I know that alot of peeps have given them a bad wrap and dont liek there ways. But i promise this stuff is LEGIT.  Let me know if you anyone wants any more info. I like listing and I like sharing I think everyone has something to offer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks for this thread! I have had issues with high pH levels with my grow and you have convinced me to switch to pH perfect tech what other nutrients do you use your plants look awesome my friend!

3. I'm a mostly GH user but most of my buddies that grow hydro use AN's sensi a & b series along with voodoo juice, piranha, tarantula, budcandy, bud factor x, and flawless finish. I use AN's piranha, budcandy, and golden goddess along with a laundry list of mostly gh products. I've been thinking of switching over. It would be nice to ignore ph.

The nice thing is living remote in Alaska I'm growing with rainwater. No need to get RO or use other purification. It's straight from nature 0ppm. Starting from 0ppm you'd be surprised how thirsty the solution is. It typically takes me 25% more then recommended to get to the same ppm level.

AN is totally legit. I give them props for being the first major nutrient company to come out and not be ashamed to be all about cannabis. Everyone else would hang up on you and make you call them tomato plants. AN is the first company to hire staff scientists to research the specific nutrient needs of cannabis. I think they're ahead of most companies but you do have to pay for it. If you can keep your ph regulated many of the other companies like GH and botanicare can get you comparable results.

I'll pass the ph tip along to my AN user friends.

4. I posted this a while ago and got a crap response. I really liked the story. I think it would make an excellent movie. It's the unauthorized biography of "Big Mike". The founder of Advanced Nutrients. Good read. That business is based on one of the most successful underground growers of all time that helped perfect the sea of green method.
    What Big Mike Won’t Tell You About Advanced Nutrients - Growers Underground

5. I'm currently using GH Flora duo right now. I had no idea about this brand with the PH buffer in it, I totally agree with you it would be awesome to not have to constantly worry about my PH with RO water. I have been trying to get my PH levels down from 7.0 ppm 650 every week....