Advanced Nutrients help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jimodoom, Dec 31, 2010.

1. #1 jimodoom, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
    Hey all; been having problems for quite some time with the amounts of nutrients by the company Advanced nutrients which I have been feeding with.

Done 3 grows so far, every time yield isn't amazing, but bud quality is top notch. I'm certain I just can't get the right amounts of nutes to use & I find the chart provided on the advanced nutrients site to be utterly confusing.

For both veg & bloom plants are in soil. Half mix for babies & full mix for veg & flowering. I tend to stick with indicas as I don't feel comfortable with sativas indoors etc. When in bloom I use somewhere between 14l & 17l soil containers, I give the plants a decent veg period to get em larger and more robust.

current set up is; Veg 1 metre square tent, 250w veg bulb & in the corners of the tent 3 strip blue spectrum 50w bulbs for extra light.

when in bloom the main light is a 600w hps on a cool tube with extractor & I change the bulbs in the corners to red spectrum for side foliage.

The various nutrients I have are during veg (all by advanced nutrients); Iguana juice grow, Voodoo juice (cultures to promote root growth) & carboload (also root growth stuff).

The flowering nutes are iguana juice bloom & also a bloom booster for near the end.

Both the grow & bloom nutes suggest 3.5ml to 1 litre of water, but this concentration is WAY too much it has caused nute burn a few times & im finding it very hard to get the right amount.

If anyone has any experience with this particular companies stuff, what rate do you mix it at & how often do you water with it. Also do you think flushing the plants a bit more often during growth is advisable with this stuff as it's chronically strong & quite concentrated..

Do you think I should change nutes? I don't want to do that as I have quite a bit of this stuff and I hate to be wasteful.

That being said a good grow is way more important to me than being frugal.

cheers!

2. I don't think you should switch up nutes, but you might want to rethink the feeding strengths.

According to some of the directions, it says to use 4ml per liter, but you're using less - which is something I always recommend with AN.

Advanced Nutrients are super strong. I'd go down to 3mL to see how that works for you. You'll save money too since you don't have to use as much.

Other than that, I would stick with the growing schedule, just take off 25% to be safe and to keep your nute use as conservative as possible. You don't have to use a lot to get good results. In fact, you might be drowning your plants when you have too much in your grow.

Start low and if the plants still look thirsty, add more.

I think you'll just have an easier time with fewer nutes. Good luck! AN has rocked for me for years now and I think everyone should use them, if I had my way. LOL

3. Thanks very much for the information.

I have been significantly more conservative with the nutes this time round & I have also been watering a lot less regularly than before.. & my wee ladies are looking far healthier at this stage of their lives than any other previous attempt I've had, so fingers crossed :)

I think it may have been a combination of over watering & too much nutrient on top of that. Quality was good but quantity was bad.

This time round I've got some LSD from greenhouse seeds & Jorges Diamonds from Dutch Passion.

Still ages to go :(