Advanced Nutrients 4 Strain Report!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Pothead Pete, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Okay this is my first ever strain report so please feel free to add anything that you see constructive and helpful to me and other medical marijuana growers worldwide. I am going to go through this step by step and promise to make constant reports. If nothing happens on that day then NO report,It will just take up too much of peoples time ! Okay here goes.....October 23rd,2003. These are the strains that I will be growing from seeds. They are in the same packaging as I got them in and I know they are AUTHENTIC!!!! The first strain is Dutch Passion MAZAR, the second strain is Bluegrass seeds" SUPER IMPACT",the third strain is K.C. Brains' MANGO,and the fourth strain is Peak Seeds' Blueberry!!!!

Attached Files:

2. my rockwool cubes overnight in an uncovered bowl of 16 oz. of water with 1 tsp. of NO DAMP added. I poke a little hole in the cubes about 1/4 inch deep and add soil in the holes. I then use a pencil to make a 1/4 inch hole where my seeds will go. I then cover with some more soil,just a pinch over the holes. The seeds are covered!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. is a must when starting out from seed. You really have to watch out for so many things. Overwatering is a KILLER at this point. This is where the NO DAMP helps. I get very hardy seedlings because of No Damp. I use the spray bottle to moisten the soil that I put on top of my seeds. Use the left over water from the bowl for misting the first 2 or 3 days.

Attached Files:

4. I use popsicle sticks. They are a free way to identify your plants. I have also found that writing the day is a great help. It lets you know which plants are doing good,and which are struggling, even if they don't show any stress.

5. help me germinate the seeds. I only mist the dome lid and NOT the cubes themselves. The dome keeps it nice and humid for the seeds. I mist 3 or 4 times a day and let the air circulate for a couple of minutes during each dome lid misting. It helps to keep it humid and have fresh air when geminating your seeds!!! I use up the rest of my No Damp left over from the bowl until it is gone to mist the domelid!

Attached Files:

6. goes in my VEGETATIVE growth chamber. This is where all life begins. It has 26,500 lumens of fluorescent lighting. I use eight, 40 watt bulbs in it . They are the 48 inch type. 5 warm white and 3 cool white, the cheap ones. I think the bulbs average about 4 bucks Canadian each. This light is on 24 hours a day everyday. I haven't turned it off in months,and don't ever plan on turning them off.

7. This is where I keep my water. Living in Toronto it is very important to leave out your water. Leaving it out gives all the additives like chlorine and fluoride a chance to dissipate into the air. My plants truly suffered when I didn't leave out their water. I was getting a nutrient lockup problem on most of my plants. Once I switched to this water things gradually improved. My plants are happy again!!! I also have one 80 litre container filled with water and the ADVANCED NUTRIENTS regimine for a small grow for both vegetative and flowering!!!! I have heard this stuff rocks,so I am giving it my best shot with the best seeds I have. Wish me luck. Will I ever be embarrased if nothing sprouts. I am shooting for at least a 90%, possibly 100% germination rate. I have done it before. Peace.

Attached Files:

8. It's October 26th ,and 4 seeds have sprouted and there is movement in 5 others. Only 3 show no movements YET!!! Of the Mazar in pots 1 and 3 the soil is moving and plant 2 has sprouted!!! Of the Blueberry all 3 have sprouted!!! Of the Super Impact on plants 2 and 3 the soil is moving and plant 1 shows no action yet. Of the Mango the soil is moving in pot 1, and pots 2 and 3 show no movements YET!!! Here's a pic of just one of the seedlings.

Attached Files:

9. Today is a happy day!!! All 12 of my seeds are now sprouted!!!! A 100% success rate. I guess the Blueberry was the fastest to germ and the Mango the slowest. But there wasn't that much differance between any of the strains,perhaps 24 hours. Now to pray for females!!!

10. Congratulations on the success rate. Heres hoping for all females. Toke it easy.

11. of the seedlings. One day later......

Attached Files:

12. Well,Blueberry #3 had a hard time getting rid of its shell. So I tried my best to help it out yesterday. I guess this seed just wasn't meant to be. So,since it is not too late I am going to plant another Blueberry in the same cube and call it Blueberry #4. That way I will have a strong representation of all 4 strains.I'll post a pic when it pops!!! All other seedlings are looking good,,,,so far!!!

13. All seedlings are doing well except for Blueberry #3. It died. So I planted another Blueberry in its place yesterday. I want 3 of each strain,so I can make an accurate analysis of each strain using Advanced Nutrients throughout the grow cycle!!!!

Attached Files:

• #1.jpg
      #1.jpg
      File size:
      86.2 KB
      Views:
  14. is TRANSPLANT day. Stay tuned to the same bat channel for updated pics. Here is a side shot of the seedlings two days before transplantation!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• #2.jpg
      #2.jpg
      File size:
      93.2 KB
      Views:
  15. lookin good! Were all hoping for females!!

16. I transplanted all 12 seedlings on Friday. It is now Tuesday November 4th and all are doing well except for Blueberry #4. It too died.So I again am trying to get another Blueberry started. I will call this plant Blueberry #5.

Attached Files: