Advanced LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rhapsodyrcks, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Came across this site the other day and I could be wrong but a good example of the con job that alot if not most of the LED makers are doing.

Most LEDs all originate out of China and are simply rebranded. This thing looks just like Advanced LEDs lamp lol.

I wonder if they ripped off Advanced or is Advanced just simply using the same company that Eshinesystems uses. LOL. To funny. So glad I never bought that brand. Either way shady.

The power plug ins are even the exact same lol. Buyer beware. Sad to because so many people swear by Advanced LED. No thanks to that.

E.shine Systems - Six Bands LED Grow Light

NEW - Diamond Series LEDs - Extreme 3w LED Technology - Advanced LED Grow Lights

2. Can you recommend a decent LED? I am looking for a 300 watter to replace my 600 watt HPS for a more energy efficient grow. I'm so confused with what brands to trust? Some look like they provide great results, others (UFO) look shitty. I'd like to keep the price at no more than $500.

-C

3. Thanks for the link. Going to start with the blackstar 240 and see how it treats me.

4. You can expect those Blackstars to last about one year before they give up the ghost.

5. You think blackstar's only last a year? going 12/12 or 18/6?? I'm running a blackstar 180W right now and was about to get another. would you say go with non blakstar company? it's been doing excellent so far..

V V V

6. I am using an 300 watt diamond series right now on my second grow with it and i can't been happier. When I first got it 2 whole rows of lights did not work called them up and they overnighted me a replacement to fix it and it has been spot on since. My only problem with the LED is the bleaching they have been doing to my ladies. I have a grow going that is just about over in the coco fourms if you want to see pics of what it can grow.

7. Im thinking aboutgoing with a penatrator or a solarstorm they are so badass. I have an agromax 300watt right now that i love

8. Been checking out rhapsodys stuff over the past couple of weeks and he reps solar storm mad hard must be good to drop that much bank.

9. I plugged up my black star and all is good to go with it. Combined with my 250 w hps I should be good to go. Crazy bright.

-C

10. I have the 90watt blackstar ufo i love

11. [quote name='"fasthonda"']Been checking out rhapsodys stuff over the past couple of weeks and he reps solar storm mad hard must be good to drop that much bank.[/quote]

Well got the Solarstorm half off and for myself I'm very cheap but if I buy it I save my pennies and get what I consider the best that I can get at the time. Whatever the best can change though I really have no brand loyalty but in this case just found it interesting that this exact light exists under multiple brands well someones gotta make it and it's certainly not Advanced LED

12. Damn wish i knew where to get a good deal like that i think im gonna go ahead and grt the 800 tonight

13. Damn wish i knew where to get a good deal like that i think im gonna go ahead and grt the 800 tonight

14. I installed a Solarstorm 800 and I like it.

However, I would have had to yank it if I hadn't been able to fab a vent for it.

It drove my inside temps to over 100 deg F. :eek:

15. [quote name='"fasthonda"']Damn wish i knew where to get a good deal like that i think im gonna go ahead and grt the 800 tonight[/quote]

Check out there growers program they are selling the Solastorm 400 for 500 I think...that's a good deal by any brand.

16. [quote name='"jollyrancher1"']I installed a Solarstorm 800 and I like it.

However, I would have had to yank it if I hadn't been able to fab a vent for it.

It drove my inside temps to over 100 deg F. :eek:[/quote]

Same with mine but I moved my tent from a large closet to open room. My inline fan keeps it at 80 if the room is about 75. There's a manifold system on another website that a guy created has a tube on the fan disabled the internal fans and has tubes attached to the vent out on the heat sinks. Basically his inline fan is pushing air through the light and out. He did that since he was running co2 and was sucking it all out with a normal cooling system.

17. #18 jollyrancher1, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012

That is me, and I did not disconnect the fans.

The inline Vortex is sucking air out of the 800 and venting it outside.

The input is vented like a regular HID assembly and draws air from outside the chamber.

Basically just adapted the existing vent system for my Cooltube to the CLW 800

18. Right on! Sorry to the misquote on that I skimmed it fast. Looked kick ass though.

I would of removed the fan and put a tube over the fan to push air through then out the manifold thing but whatever works!

19. Thanks for the comps.

The internal fans actually help "boost" the flow.

Removal of them involves drilling rivets, and although I probably voided the warranty, I didn't want to modify the existing housing and make the warranty void a sure thing.

Attached Files: