Advanced Biodiesel Mass Auto Fem From Herbies - 1St Time Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Darth Clitflex, Jun 10, 2013.

1. #1 Darth Clitflex, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    my first ever grow ... I decided on a feminized Biodiesel Mass from Advanced Seeds to start off with (I regret not getting more than 3 of these seeds)

my FFOF is late getting here, so this little girl went into fresh, unmodified Miracle Grow Organic soil mixed with about 20% Hydrofarm chunky perlite and some straight chunky perlite top dressing

went from seed pouch to wet paper towel world on Monday June 03 - crazy taproot 2 days later and went into soil Wednesday June 05

I have it under a 125w Hydrofarm CFL about 1 inch from the top of the plant

within hours of putting it in the tent and under the light it seems to have slowed down vertical growth, but the leaves are still growing - it is amazing at tracking the light and moving to it

before I put it in soil, I ran clean water through it (smartpot) until it drained out the bottom and so far this seems easier than I expected

I'd really love an opinion on the looks of this so far - naturally I'm peeking in on this every few hours like it's a sleeping baby, but I think it looks OK so far

here it is at day 7 from seed

[​IMG]

links below to the equipment I am using for this

Hydrofarm Germination Station
    Hydrofarm MTPRTC Germination Thermostat
    Paper Towel

Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
    Hydrofarm Chunky Perlite
    2gal Smartpot
    125w Hydrofarm CFL
    Lighthouse Hydro 4x8 light tent
    Acu Rite temperature/humidity meter
    Flame Defender automatic 2kg fire suppression system
    Luster Leaf soil pH test kit
    General Hydroponics pH UP/DOWN
    Particle paracord rope ratchets
    el-cheapo 3in1 soil moisture meter

Cannabis Grow Bible

to be used with this as it grows
    400w Apollo HID with aero hood
    6" Ventech carbon filter and blower kit
    Variac 3-amp variable transformer
    Foxfarms liquid fert kit  tri-pack
    Foxfarms granular fert tri-pack
    7-gallon Smartpot

Attached Files:

2. #2 Darth Clitflex, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    on the advice of myself and other auto threads here, I've switched the little girl from the 125w CFL to the Apollo 400w MH in an aero hood - for the extra heat

since there are only two puny leaves so far I'm running the light at 50% power at around 6-8" from the plant - passes the hand test easily

it was 64F in there today and the CFL wasn't warming her as much as I had hoped - now it's 74

I have the aero hood ventilated with a 6" Ventech fan at 40v using a variac - plenty of air to cool it and it's quieter than the ballast fan

a different asian beetle was perched on her when I just checked in on everything - I think it's going to be a popular plant for them

3. Good luck with your first grow ..I'll be watching. :)

4. hey the little girl looks good so far man. ill be on board for this one. im actually waiting for the rest of my supplies to arrive so i can start my first ever grow, just need the tent, seeds and light. im going to use FFOF also and 400w HID and for nutes im gonna try the lucas formula it uses flora bloom and flora micro and thats it thru the whole plant cycle. 

5. #5 Darth Clitflex, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    day 9[​IMG]
    day 9

what do you think about the curly leaves?

6. #6 Darth Clitflex, Jun 17, 2013
    day 11

I was going to wait a few more days between pictures, but I think I've noticed growth even since yesterday

I'm running the HPS ligjht at 300w @20/4 about 7-8 inches above her with an oscillating fan in the room

humidity has been 55-65% and temps 65-78Ëš

I watered her (smartpot) until water ran through the bottom on day 10 and have misted the top dressing once in a while to keep the humidity up

everything sound good so far? ... does it look healthy?

[​IMG]

day 11

7. Subbed

Also on my first go. Using the same strain auto mass diesel so will defintatly be watching mine went in ground on the 7th.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Plant looks to be doing alright so far. Im not sure why the leaves are curling maybe its just cus their new, only thing i can say is maybe give it a day or two

9. #9 Darth Clitflex, Jun 17, 2013

almost the same age - looking forward to seeing how yours grows as well - what's your setup?

yeah, I'm not really worried about the curly leaves, it's just a little different than what I expected

I think it's going well so far, but I'm still expecting it to be dead every time I check in on it

roughly how often do you guys water a plant this size? - I think I'm doing OK but if I fail, it will probably be water related

10. Subbed.  Looking forward to some biodiesel mass mmmmmmmmmm.  Sounds yummy. 
    I'm working on some 4 Corners atm, I'm on my first grow too.  Been thinking about snagging some Biodiesel Mass for my next grow, I'll be watching this 'un. 
    Everything seems good so far my man.  May your garden be blessed with good fortune.

11. #11 bostonreefer, Jun 17, 2013
    As i said this is my first ever grow so I dont know much only what I have read and what I have done so far.

current setup (hypothetically)

4 5000K CFL bulbs
    2x2x3 space
    fox farms ocean soil
    2 auto mass diesel feminized
    small fan for circulation
    computer fan for exhaust
    lights on 20/4

just watered for the first time yesterday with RO water (Im a saltwater reefer)
    after first soaking the soil and letting it run through before planting
    used the paper towell method got a 1 inch tap before planting

12. Im trying to get a perpetrual grow goin but I only have the one space and only female seeds.

My only option seems to clone one of the plants and turn it male to produce seeds.

You know anything about this?

13. Colloidal Silver.  You spray it on a female plant to turn some of it male and produce feminized pollen from what I understand.  I've never done it myself

14. #14 Darth Clitflex, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    still looking good, but the two sets of leaves are still a little curly ... maybe a trait of the strain?

I have now bumped up the light to full power - 400w MH running about 6-7 inches from top at 20/4 schedule

passes the hand test and it's 73 near the plant - humidity is 50-78% throughout the day/night

if you're able to successfully clone, why not just keep cloning the best female you get instead of messing with seeds?

Its an Auto

16. #16 Darth Clitflex, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    ---- DAY 16 in soil ----

[​IMG]

---- DAY 16 in soil ----

here it is at day 18 - I was going to wait a few more days but it's really been taking off lately

still 400w MH at around 8 inches from top @ 20/4
    75-77f in tent with 50-60% humidity

---- DAY 18 ----
    [​IMG]
    ---- DAY 18 ----

17. #17 Darth Clitflex, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    I feel like it's going better than I expected so far

I'm preparing for a transplant from this 2-gallon miracle grow organic/perlite to a 7-gallon with fresh FFOF - feedback on this?

I still haven't used any food but it's here and ready

question - if I transplant today into the ocean forest, will that affect when it will first need to be fed?

---- DAY 20 ----
    [​IMG]
    ---- DAY 20 ----

[​IMG]

boston - yours should be looking pretty good by now - has it started to explode yet? - throw a picture up here if you like, or better yet start a journal, never too late!

this little one has me wishing I'd have ordered more of this strain

19. #19 Darth Clitflex, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    OK I went ahead with the transplant 24 hours ago

the soil was a little moist before I did it - letting it get dry for a couple days would have been easier

I did it just before the 4 hour dark cycle at day 20 in soil

it's now in a 7-gallion smartpot with freshly watered FFOF and I have the MH light set to 50% power (200w) - planning on going to 300w tomorrow and then back to 400w Friday

I watered the FFOF down before I did the transplant, and I gave it an additional normal watering 12 hours later - the soil looks and smells delicious, clearly a purchase that I will not regret

happy to report that after 24 hours, there are no droopy leaves or really any other signs from the plant that it's having problems

more photos in a few days

20. Hows it going man,

Hypethetically:

So this will be my first time using this forum to post pics so bear with me.

I would hold off on watering as much as it sounds like your doing. I did not water mine for like a week after it went into the ground using FF soil. Though you are using a much bigger pot than I am. I think watering is like one of the number one New mistakes.
    Also I would aim to keep your humidity a little lower (agin from what I have read) Mines at like 40-50 constantly. I am dealing with some heat issues which I have not been able to work out yet. (around 80-88) So i really need low humidity.

Has not really blown up yet i just started LST assuming its gonna happen like the next week seeing some new growth from the LST. Doing a little test LST on one and nothing on the other. Also added a DIT c02 generater.... see if anyhting happens from it heard different results..

Sure yours is going to blow up real soon using the new better soil.
    IMG_20130627_104731.jpg IMG_20130627_104745.jpg