Adv. Nutes Ph Perfect question.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by WillGroElite420, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Had not read the bundle info, only the calc., stacking is what they recommend, had not seen that before.

Does sound like an infomercial, I guess if you bought all the bundles you would get 1000% bigger buds.

2. I'll just stick with big bud and overdrive
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. millions of billions of bigger buds, that eat your children if not kept caged lol Somewhere i read they claim "Nearly a 50% increase in yield over just the baseline nutes" with the 4 stacked bundles

Who knows, lol Im not going into it expecting anything like that. If u take the time to go into each product they have in the Hobby and expert bundles, not in the bundle, but looking up under Products > Bloom Enhancers > then chooseing each one individually. Read the discription on all of them from start to finish. Idk how much of it is total bs but it makes sence and seems like all of those things would be helpful in avoiding problems.

Dunno if i'd ever actually go all the way up , doubt id pass the expert bundle.. not for skill reasons, just cus i cant see that not being enough lol.

They dont recommend a first time grower like myself going to the expert bundle without just using the hobby one. However I am really dialing in my grow room as if i were a pro, just assumeing im going to be able to grow. Not only that but if i spend all the money and do it well and how it should be the first time around if i fail, i'll know it was me and not my grow set up. Also i will have just spent like upwards of 2 grand on a 5x5 Diy Box with 6 Diy Bubble buckets and a Diy Cloner (Rumpleforsinks much props) but not the box, thats my creation lol. Since id just spent all the money on it, i wont have that urge of.. aww i failed, fuck growing i suck at it. If i fail its like.. damn i already spent all this $$ lol gotta restart and make it worth while.

4. Oh nice plants, what is ur set up there? Scrog it seems but what else, and what strain?

You were sayin u just ran AN base nutes , big bud and Overdrive. How many grows have you done before? Also how many grows have you consistantly gotten that result with BB and overdrive?

This is why im here lol to learn from real world experience.

and how big of an area is that in the picture?

5. I had a lot of grief with bubble buckets, not as much as others but it still sucked, started using clear-rez (chlorine) then pool shock and have had great success, since then I don't use voodoo or any other bugs or sugars.

This is the first time I have used big bud and overdrive, only one plant, FLO, it is a homemade low pressure aero bucket. My grow box is 2x5. the plant is about 3' wide

Her two sisters base nutes and pro-tekt for ph up only.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. damn nice, how recent are these, have you harvested yet? If so how much did you yield. If not , how much , in your experience, do you think that much will yield? more talkin of the first set

7. Just harvested last saturday so not dry yet, I'm estimating about a pound give or take 15 oz

8. lol your probably the best guesser ive talked to

9. no I don't think its so black and white ,I was feeling sarcastic and let me tell you why. first off I grow in coco therefore I start with good water and let coco do the buffering. in coco the biggest humb is when to stop adding calmag or at least the cal part because what I've found Is all my coco probs came from too little or too much calmag usually the later. so once the cation bank is full of cal and u dont add anymore the coco will do the rest its wonderful stuff. all this ph up and down we add adds salts that may or may not be good for the plant. but sorry to clog the thread and what I meant by it was that we learn from ours and others mistakes not by buying some bottle with a promise on it. no offense meant

10. #30 WillGroElite420, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    Appreciated, which is why i made this thread, i dont want to buy a product based on a promise made my the people who make money off of the product. I was hopeing to get some actual testimonial about it. If it does however, work as they promise , then its alot more than a promise on a bottle, and combined with copious amounts of other information one can learn before starting a grow would only serve in stacking the odds in making better quality herb with less turbulence along the way. No nutes are magical, You arent getting there without proper environmental and light control and many other factors. Ive been planing everything in my grown down to the last detail for about 3 monts and only in the past 3 days have started reading about PH perfect, so by no means am i looking to abuse the system because im lazy. I just think it will help avoid problems, and that is my main goal

Not to say that there arent people who would take advantage of PH perfect and just try growing with very little actual knowledge of it; but i dont think that would be the majority.

11. whoa.... how dare you post this in here and not have a journal

god damn... that is sexy... I want more pictures and a journal bro... seriously... +rep

12. no but what if the majority of people using ph perfect are 1 either in coco 2 had good water to begin with or 3 just got lucky hydro peps. and there out there. Ithink thats what An is betting on. yes they most likely have a product that balances the ph and ppm to a point. And if you think about it are the people making these products (the lab guys behind it) testing out there own test grows of mj? If I were a big co like an I wouldn't necessarily higher a stoner chemist. just food 4 thought

13. well coco i wouldnt kno, as for being lucky hydro grower, sure they may be out there but i doubt every hydro grower who has used ph perfect has been a 'lucky' one and its been out for a while now in other countries. Logically i just cant figure it not working how they say, cus if it was a sham and you still needed to ph adjust, alot of ppl who tried it (in theory) would have dead plants and there would be countless horror stories of people complaining about it. Now granted i only searched google searches and forum searches for like 9 hours, but i could only find 2 cases where people were saying they were using ph perfect (hydro) and it not working. People were trying to help and eventually they realized in both cases it was some other problem that had nothing to do with the nutes. It just seems like if it sucked / didnt actually keep PH in a healthy range, than it wouldnt be hard to find at least like 10 cases or so of ppl complaining about it. I mean its all in theory but still lol

Bump? idk how bumping works, lol

Anyone actually used this stuff in a hydro set up?

14. thats the prob right there you summed it up nice.(People were trying to help and eventually they realized in both cases it was some other problem that had nothing to do with the nutes.) now if the only 2 cases were something other then the nute line that basically locks in my theory that it will dumb up peps especial the ones that have failed or are brand new. "they look at the bottle and say ya I can do this again and not fail with this" or" I could do that" and then they run into a problem other then the nute line and they don't know what to do. not everyone is cut out to mother mj.its trial+error (basic math if you take the trial away whats left)lol
    I'm done clogging ur thread and feel bad with another post. pms are fine by me.

15. Ph perfect is a great product. Now as far as not ph ing your feed is another issue. Something as little as your water source changing how they are treating the water due to drought situations like this summer they almost doubled the chlorine use and other hard scrubbers to make the water potable. I still had to ph down from 7.0. Long story short buy a drop in monitor and forget about it that way. But trust doing a random spot check will save you a time or two versus not checking at all.

16. ya ive gotten over my stupid 'i dun wanna buy a meter' fit lol I need a meter and ph up and down for adjusting water for rockwool soaking anyways, just gonna use a 40 dollar one the first time arround and upgrade to a nice combo ph ppm meter that is fixed into the bucket and reads the constant PH / ppm. Then i'll fix that to my drain / Mixing 2o gal bucket. Once nutes are in a water pump will pump the water into my 6 connected bubble buckets.

Basically legalize, i just want to know that it will do alot for helping my ph stay in range from week to week feedings, i'll be ph testing as i put it in , id just like to avoid nessisary pulling of the water for ph testing and adjusting on a daily basis. Will it do this?

17. Holy crap.

What's the temperature in hell today? An EDUCATED discussion about AN's PH Perfect lineup? LOL

Really folks, this is what the forums are all about and I'm so glad to have read such a thoughtful discussion about AN's high quality nutes. I've used them in the past (the PH Perfect, that is) and they really are a great way for new growers to get their MMJ feet wet.

While I'm using the Expert Growing Bundle now, I recommend PH Perfect to those who are starting. Especially to my lazy friends. LOL

18. I know right, i was kinda surprised i was able to make this happen, it went better than i pictured seeing other threads with people either flaming or advocating for AN just seemed like an xbox ps3 debate so i wanted to try and keep this thread a little less biased. A big thanks to those who stop by and give extra testimonial. The more i read the more i feel comfortable about using them. Cant wait to start my grow, probably about a month and a half away or so.