Adult Signature Required? [UPS]

Discussion in 'General' started by GanJaRiPPeR, Nov 12, 2009.

1. #1 GanJaRiPPeR, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    I recently ordered a grinder for a website online, and selected UPS 2nd day air (it only cost $14, while UPS ground cost $10, ha).

I get an e-mail with the tracking number, and it says this below...

Also on the UPS tracking page, it says 'Special Instructions :ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED'

Problem is, I'm only 18.

Do you think they will actually verify that it is an adult or will they take any random signature?

If they do say you have to be 21, you think I could pull off saying something like "this is a christmas present for my mom and it's only my mom and I that live here."

Spacecase FTW :smoking:

2. Just sign it yourself, no harm done.

3. i really doubt ups will bother checking you. they have more packages to deliver

4. just sign it it would be weird if they asked for ID b4 they let you sign it

5. If there's any problem say you didn't order it, it was your parents and sign "for them".

6. Just sign that shit.

7. i know in america u have to be 21 to drink and even older to rent a car, but isn't being 18. doesn't that mean your an adult? o and 19 for cigs so maybe not, nevermind

8. If it's a grinder, there's no reason you need to be 21. Just sign it, only time they'll card you (from my experience) is if you're signing on the behalf of a relative, then they'll just check to make sure you have the same last name.

9. Alright, thank you everyone for your posts. I'm glad I don't need to worry about the signature.

10. the majority of UPS people don't seem to care enough. we have a gated yard and they love to toss things over the fence.