Adrenacrome

Discussion in 'General' started by Slothbear, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Anyone ever hear of it? It is sopposed to be the absolute rarest of all durgs, you cant even find any archives on the stuff...

It is taken from a live human adrenaline gland (they have to be alive, corpses dont work..) that cokes in small gram vials...it goes for hundreds and sometimes thousands a gram because one tiny drop is enough to give you a sever case of ego death...

If anyone knows who Hunter S. Thompson is, he did adrenacrome...actualy they showed him take it in that move, fear and lothing in las vegas.

Just brining up the topic for intrest.

------------------
    "Peace, Love, Empathy"
    -Kurt Cobain

2. Interesting.

But is it really considered a drug since it's produced by us humans naturally? It's like calling testosterone a drug. Adrenaline is really a hormone (isn't it?).

I've never heard of extracting it, but I've heard of synthesizing it (epinephrine). Would that work just as well?

Is there a way to get your own adrenal glands to work overtime to put higher doses of your own adrenaline in your system?

It's hard to believe that there's nothing on the net about it if it exists. That would be a first for me!

Thanks for the info. [​IMG]

------------------
    Peace [​IMG]

3. Hmmmm... Never tried it, but I thought the only way to get it was to sedate someone, extract the adrenaline gland, and then 'juice' it. So to speak. I dunno.. I don't think I could do a drug that came from someone. Too weird. And I am pretty sure if your adrenaline gland was removed, you'd die. To get the same effect, try sprinting across 10 lanes of traffic on the freeway, that'll get yer adrenaline going. [​IMG]

------------------
    DeeJayBoy
    [​IMG]
    Peace, Love, Unity, Respect!

4. That film is very nice but it's filled with bullshits just like the one of adrenocrome. I study pharmacology in Italy and can make you sure that chewing a human gland won't get you high. All you can do is shooting adrenaline,but the feeling is one of the worst experiences for everyone,wanna try?

• Like Like x 2
  5. The movie is based off actual experiences from the book, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. As rare as Adrenochrome is, it's real. Hunter's attorney, Oscar Zeta Acosta obtained it from an ill-fated satanist LaVey freak from San Fran...I don't know much about it, but HST was lucky to get his hands on good mescaline let alone adrenochrome. As for Hunter S. Thompson, I worship the man and the weird world he conjugates. Johnny Depp did an awesome job doing Hunter compared to Bill Murray in Where the Buffalo Roam.

420Shroomer

6. Back to what budburner said about whether it was a drug or not... of course it is. i mean... look at DMT. an extremely powerful halucinogen, produced by most living things... that's most definately considered a drug so why wouldnt this be?

7. The drug doesn't do anything from what I've heard. The actor from Fear and Loathing was talking to a fan one time. He was saying shit like "Adrenacrome is so great" Yada, yada. The actor just went along with it even though he knew that Adernacrome does nothing for you trip-wise.

Don't quote me. But I'm pretty sure it does nothing.

8. Never heard of Adrenacrome before, but yeah, I was gunna say it sound similiar to DMT. I believe DMT is produced in the human brain (supposedly, everytime you dream, you go on a DMT trip). It also occurs in plants, and can be extracted and smoked. Check it out on Erowid...interesting stuff.

Since DMT is illegal, and it's in our brain, does that mean everyone is in possesion of an illegal drug? :p

9. Your right, motion. And I believe they were actually bragging about how good it was To Thompson - and he didn't have the heart to tell the kid it wasn't a real drug.

It's just a myth.

10. yeah that's the story.

a kid came up to HST after a signing or something and he didn't have the heart to tell him.

i wish it's effects were real, because it looked like one crazy drug.

11. Those epi-pens are synthetic adrenal

Those aren't very fun either.

12. I want DMT damnit. I wish I could find some :(

13. Ya quite agree

14. There is such a thing as adrenochrome, but it's not the same thing as in the movie

The drug in the movie was made up

15. you can get it from psychedelic toads that are found in southern arizona and some places in the very southernmost part of california. There are also websites and stores where you can buy these toads for about $125 a piece.

Every 4 to 6 weeks these toads secrete DMT in one of their glands right next to their throat and if you sqweeze it a white gooey liquid comes out, which you are supposed to let dry and then smoke. The trip lasts from 5-15 minutes and is supposedly an extremely intense trip. It's also easier to farm DMT from these toads because you don't have go thru extraction and all that like you would if you used plants. I cam post a link to this but it's another forum and i dunno if it's alright to do it.. but they really seem to know their shit

16. Hunter was a writer and thats what he was good at. What he did was he used a fictional hyperbole. It doesn't have to be taken from a live body, hunter just used that phrasing as a metaphore to how hard the drug is to get and they drug itself is a myth. The drug itself though only gives you an energy rush, a andrenaline filled state and mild hulicinations. It was all exadurated, as most of hunter's stories are, for the sake of good writing. Wikipedia it.

PM me because I've been looking for these toads for a while. I was also considering getting the grass and extracting cause it's supposidly really easy, just time consuming and I have a extremely indepth guide of how to do so. Anyone know the street price for DMT?

17. :smoking: adrenacrome is real...its located in the adrenaline gland right above the kidneys....its a crazy ass trip witch is worth the steal of a adrenaline gland...
    last for a day depending on how much you take...but take this in boys n girls if yoy take you much(like my dear friend did..well then you will ether die..or be a vegetable for the rest of your life)then you wont have a happy ending...

18. its not real lol

19. its real and it does give you a high, but HTS even said the movie blows the high way out of proportion.

20. Adrenochrome, chemical formula C[SUB]9[/SUB]H[SUB]9[/SUB]NO[SUB]3[/SUB], is a pigment obtained by the oxidation of adrenaline ( epinephrine ) . Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone, also known as carbazochrome, is a hemostatic, meaning it reduces capillary bleeding.

There has been a substantial amount of controversy about whether adrenochrome can be classified as a hallucinogenic drug. Even though adrenochrome induces remarkable psychoactive effects, most researchers agree that an adrenochrome experience does not qualify as a psychedelic one. Psychoactive effects of adrenochrome include euphoria, confusion, changed train of thought, lack of judgment, poor insight and inability to concentrate.<sup id="_ref-hallucinogens_0" class="reference">[1]</sup> In one study<sup id="_ref-sommer_0" class="reference">[2]</sup>, test subjects compared adrenochrome experience to mild psilocybin and LSD experiences.

Author Hunter S. Thompson mentions adrenochrome in his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In the book it is derived from a living donor's adrenal gland (removing the gland kills the donor; it cannot be taken from a corpse). As such, it is purported to be very exotic, and very intense: "the first wave felt like a combination of mescaline and methedrine". The adrenochrome scene also appears in the novel's film adaptation. In the DVD commentary, director Terry Gilliam admits that his and Thompson's portrayal is fictional hyperbole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenochrome

"To sum up, effects were extremely weak, absolutely not fun nor psychedelic in anyway, and short lived (I would say the slight initial euphoria is gone within 4-5 minutes, and the few strange feelings that I experience from the stuff are gone within about 1 hour (I couldn't say the exact duration as I didn't really checked my watch) Needless to say I was very disappointed by this uninteresting compound. "

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=51847