'Adolf' is an awesome name

Discussion in 'General' started by feudalism, Nov 19, 2011.

1. My middle name is Adolph. I was named after my great-grandfather who came here from Germany. As a kid I got picked on some, but by now people just think its weird.

2. If we avoided naming people the same names as people who did terrible things in history there would be no names left lol. Henry, Peter, david, Alex, those are a few that come to mind. I think WWII is just too recent and hitler is mentioned too often in pop culture for people to just get over it

3. Where I work, I've met a lot of customers named Adolf... like 3 people.
    That's a lot though with a name like Adolf. And I've only worked there for a year! So, 3 out of 365 days, you'll meet an Adolf.

4. it really annoys me that people look at hitler as the most evil man in history when stalin, mao and king leo? of belgium killed twice as many

5. Cats That Look Like Hitler!

6. lol saw the title of this thread aaaaaannnnddddd......--> had to make it my fb status! hahahaha

7. This just came out...

Parents of 'Adolf Hitler' Lose Custody of Newborn | ABC News - Yahoo!

8. Stalin is ballin' :cool:

9. [​IMG]

"Yah, mah name is Stalin, whatcha gotta say about it?"

10. I think he did ruin it forever. The evil doing of hitler is far well too known throughout modern society and is imprinted through people's minds with a negative perception.

I think it's the same philosophy for Einstein though. No one is going to name their kid Einstein because the name is already associated with a worldwide very well known genius and it's like plagiarism in a sense.

Some people with original names that made an impact on the world deserve to have their original names preserved to themselves.

11. #32 flapflip, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    [quote name='"kalamitous K"']its the school system's fault, i think. every other year in history class was about nazis and jews and this whole feeling of telling us how to feel about it all. the weak minded people can't put the past to rest. personally, i think adolf sounds like a pussy, but thats just me.[/quote]

Yeah, you know, it was only 8 million people tortured and gassed and burned and worked to death. Live and let learn, right?

/sarcasm

12. every single one of my grandparents except for the one who bore my father died in the holocaust.

if it wasn't for my grandfather hiding in a basement for a year, living on carrots i would never be here

13. Hmm... what about naming your kid Satan? It means "bunny king"

14. I like Adolf. But if you're afraid of backlash or some shit maybe use it as a middle name?