Adobe Photoshop

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by blueberry_boi, May 29, 2006.

1. I just got adobe photshop 9.0 for my co mputer and really wanna my a sweet sig but i have no idea where or how to begin help would be greatly apppreciated.

2. Familiarize yourself with layers(very, very important!), as well as different blending modes.

3. yeah like he said layers are super important, and filters always add a good effect but don't go overboard with those, especially the artist ones, easy to get carried away with those. the more you use the program the more you learn, just make tons of shit and learn from your mistakes.

4. don't use layers and don't use filters. filters are lame and using layers will make things too complex for someone who doesn't have a clue on the potential uses for them. Just draw, learn how things work ...THEN you can fuck things up by adding all those auto effects.

5. Layers and Filters are a big part of photoshop, there confusing at first, but stick with it and youll figure it out. start by just playing around with it and getting to know what stuff does, if you can't figure it out, don't worry :) Once you are combfortable with the basics, you should try out some tutorials. photoshoptower and photoshopforce both have some easy tutorials that look really cool.