Additives

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bighomiejay, May 10, 2014.

1. I have money to spare on 1 additional additive I'm currently using GH 3 part aquashield and I have cal mag plus I have filter tap water ppm is 250 have hard time controlling heat but have a diy ac I'm building tomorrow if you want the link to it ask its less than 50 bucks and blows air out at 40 f my question is what additive should I buy a root stimulate for roots silica or what money is an issue so nothing super expensive thanks for reading guys much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yeah, That's the million dollar question isn't it.  What is the super additive?
    All I can tell you is what I use and found effective, or at least I think they are effective.
    I am not familiar with aquashield.  Cal-Mag good!  Are you in soil, soiless, cocoa?  makes a difference.
    I use GH 3 part;  number one always is the  pH balance, I don't know if pH up and down are an additive but you have to use it.  After that  a kelp extract product of somekind- becasue of the plant growth stimulant hormones in it;  superthirve- not for the B1 (it does nothing)  for the plant stimulant hormones in it,  a humic/fulvic acid product- doesn't take a lot in my opinion, a bacteria product like subculture B, NOT a myco product- waste of money when you are adding lots of chemical ferts; and a flower booster product after a week or two or three in flower.  A foliar spray, h2o2 for an ocassional water, neem for bugs, bacillus subtillus for fungus and plant stimulation, fans for plant stimulation and to prevent fungal growth, lots and lots of light, plants eat light.
    SO, no, I don't know what one additive you need the most.  Maybe try one or two things and see what results you get.
    Good question, hard to answer.

3. Hydro

4. I prefer to use none. They always fuck with my EC and PH. I prefer just to give them a ballanced diet of a complete fertiliser so I can easily control and check PH and EC levels and keep them exactly where the plants prefer them 

5. Do you use 2 part or 3 part nutes

6. You dont need to add any fancy snake oil bullshit. You are just asking for trouble or money down the drain.

7. Silica and aqausheild is what I'm using

8. I have white spots on 2 of my plants the spot seems to go through the leaf not like mold on one side?

Single part. I use growth tech's ionic grow for vegging and ionic bloom for flowering. No mix or measuring ratios. The professionals have tailor made it for marijuana and its very well suited. 

The thing about additives is when you add them they add to the EC/ppm, and if you want to keep the EC/ppm at the optimum level, you have to use less nutes. The additives take place of some of the nutes. 

As the standard nutes are already designed to be balanced I prefer to just use them. I know some people believe magic potions help, and some may do. But if any of them made any real difference they wouldn't be such a controversial subject. 

I think most of them if used in moderation aren't harmful so I wouldn't advise anyone to not use them, but for me it's not worth the bother. My yields are way  above average for the wattage I use so they are certainly not needed

10. These are my photo plants g bomb fem the 2 big ones are about 5 weeks of age

Attached Files:

11. My auto purple mazar four weeks

Attached Files:

12. Purple mazar 2

Attached Files:

13. Auto white berry

Attached Files:

14. Can you tell me what my plants look like they need

15. More experience :smoke:

16. They could do with their EC/ppm raised a little. Are you finding the nutrient solution's strength drops day by day? They look a little lacking in iron 

17. The purple mazar don't look like it flowering?

18. I raised nute strength and switched pm to bloom formula

19. Chopper view ... Top left purple mazar top middle g bomb top right purple mazar bottom right g bomb bottom middle auto white berry bottom left g bomb

Attached Files:

20. Rhizotonic works! Id try that if i was you very impressed myself

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app