adding worm castings to potting soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Aug 14, 2007.

1. hey all. just got my LR seeds, so im gonna plant them ASAP. i have a 30 LB bag of worm castings. I want to know what portions i should add the worm castings to my soil. I am using basic scotts potting soil, which looks good just as is, but i want to add the castings to make it more of a thorough soil. im using 1 gallon pots. how much castings should i add to the soil in a 1 gallon pot to make it adequate? i dont want to overdo it, even tho its organic, but i dont want to underdo it either lol. so should i add a handful in each pot? half and half? or what? thanks alot for the help guys.

2. Hey. Depending how many plants I'm growing and how much worm castings I have, I'll usually go between 10-25% worm castings. I've never grown LR before so I dunno how different this would be since it goes into flowerings early.

Does the Scotts you bought already have a little bit of time release fertilizers in it? Is it those big 2 cubic feet bags.

3. I like that soil alot. Its not clumpy at all. I did add more sphagnum peat moss to it. I love that stuff.

No one else posted so I really don't know if LR should be prepared differently because I read somewhere that when a plant is flowering you wanna cut back on its Nitrogen so the plant will use its strength flowering and not growing, which makes sence. But then I think that is more for liquid fertilizers not for worm castings. I'd say go 20 -25% worm castings if you can.

Anyone else know more knowledgeable with the LR?