Adding soil to an already planted pot help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigJon66, Mar 4, 2009.

1. I have two pots that I didn't put enough soil into and they have both sprouted within the past two days. I know I need to wait a little while before I try anything but how do I go about adding soil? Should I shovel around the plant and pull it out, add soil, and then replant it?

Please help!'
    it's my first grow so I know nothing.

2. are you trying to put it in a bigger pot? or are you just adding soil to the pot that its already in?

if its already in a pot and you want to add soil, just pour the soil on top

3. It's already in a pot and I need to add a couple inches of soil.
    Should I just wait for it to grow to the point that it wont be buried under the added extra soil?

4. yea u wanna wait til its big enough til u can add more soil if u cover it up again it may not grow cause it wont get enough light u should be fine any way, just give it some time to grow, it dosent care how much dirt is in there yet

and it probably wont for a while

but yes just add the dirt GENTLY around the plants main stem very delicatley.

u should b golden

GOOD LUCK!!!!

5. nice thanks!
    +rep!

6. just fyi i am on my first grow also and i have had to transplant some of them 3 times and they love it. I have added more soil to some of the others and it's all been good. How big of containers are they in?

7. just transplant again and use super thrive when your done

8. no prob any more questons let me know!!!

thanks for the plus rep im trying to make a name for my self round these parts

lol!!!