Adding c02

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kman543, May 8, 2020.

1. So I got my unemployment money, which means my tents gonna get some c02 enrichment. Couple if questions.....

4x8 tent, obviously won’t be 100% sealed but I’ll do my best. No exhaust running, just a window AC venting into the tent.

Im going with a 20# tank, atlas regulator, and the c02 controller auto pilot acp 8200.

Questions:
    Is my best bet to put the tank/controller/ regulator inside of the tent? I’m thinking I can put the controller in one of the little pouches on the side of the tent. I’d imagine the controller needs to be inside of the grow space to get accurate readings of the c02.

How long can I expect a 20# tank to last in a 4x8 tent? My hydro store does re fills for 18$ so it’s not to bad. I was guessing maybe a week or 2?

I wanna pull the trigger on this soon because I’m already 3 weeks into flower. Luckily after this crop I’m fabbing out my other bedroom to be an open grow so I won’t have to worry about tents etc.....

Thanks,
    Much love

2. The sensor should be attached to a long wire so you don't have to put the whole control box inside. Ideally you want the sensor around canopy level so hang it from the top of the tent. I run a gas gen instead of a tank but you want the CO2 dosed above the plants so it can fall onto them. CO2 is heavier so it will "rain" down onto the plants and collect on the floor. Is there some sort of tubing you can run off the regulator and hang from the top?

3. how long depends on how sealed your room is.. all you need in the tent is the sensor and the co2 tube...

4. Can you already grow pretty well Mate? As in at least 50oz + from that space.
    If not then I wouldn't bother with the co2. It'll most likely be a waste of money at best. Using it incorrectly can cause lots of weird dramas too.
    See a lot of people ruining crops with the stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Check out Humboldt county's own DeepBreath. It contains 3 different types of CO2 rich monofloral honeys but pricey for even a quart but you will see results I guarantee you. Granted a CO2 generator will work much better but also very pricey. I would only get a co2 generator if I was growing commercially otherwise it's not really worth it.

6. They really aren’t that expensive. My autopilot was like $300 shipped and natural gas is dirt cheap. Granted I did have a spare controller my buddy gave me but a basic one isn’t that costly.

7. i inject CO2 into a planted freshwater aquarium and it’s incredible the amount of extra needs it adds to the plants. Yes they absolutely grow faster but in return want more of everything else they need to grow. Not to mention it changes the chemistry of the water.

in that chain of thought, I’d never recommend CO2 to someone without good experience with everything else already. I’d encourage them to invest in other areas of the aquarium.

I think this chain of thought would apply to a CO2 injected grow tent as well. I know a lot of the CO2 in aquariums is exchanged out of the water through gas exchange at the surface. So you loose a lot of your money there.

If you didn’t have a perfect seal in the tent would that same things apply here ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Finished my run with added c02. Gained an extra 5oz from the last run. I’d say it was well worth the start up cost of 500$.