Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Adding an ice catcher

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dgaretz, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any insight on adding an ice catcher to a bong? My current bong is pyrex glass about 20 inches tall, glass on glass defuser stem and hand blown ash catcher. It seriously lacks an ice catcher though, and i know that would make the bong that much better. So I repeat my previous question. Does anyone have an clue on how to do it?

2. Well you COULD, (but it might break) Drill a hole on the side and glue a nail in there. I've done that with a homemade before and it worked. It would make your bong look pretty ghetto though.

And if you decide to do this, get a glass drill bit.

3. glass drill bits are so expensive, i was thinking about taking it to a glass shop on the beach and ask them to do it, do you think they'd care? its really easy technique, just heat up a rod and poke it in it'd be cool, then i could maybe get em to sand blast some stuff. that'd be tight.

4. I wouldnt bother, Ive never had any custom glass work done, but it probably wouldnt be cheap. (compared to buying one that comes with notches). Id say you learned a valuable lesson for your next purchase, that notches are a must have..in my opinion and obviously yours also

If you do know of any hometown glass blowers it never hurts to ask.

5. I'm sure the guys at the glass shop are real nice, just ask them to fix your piece and tell them you'll smoke them up when they finish it. :smoking: