Adding an A/C unit to grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tommatt, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hey GC. I have a roughly 8X8X8 grow room that I plan to have 12 plants under 4 600w lights. Outside temps can get up to 116 in the summer, so I figured I'd add an ac unit to keep temps down. Scored a 11,000 btu unit on sale at the beginning of fall last year.

I'm trying to figure out how to optimally put the ac u it in, mainly where to draw from, and more importantly, what to do with the water it creates. I noticed there's a hose attachment on the back. The room is inside a normal sized bedroom where we use the closet for veg.

Is this water usable? If we set up a resevoir could we use the water after ph'ing it? How did you guys add it?

I'm almost done with the room, have the fans for the hps lights venting to the attic, just not sure where to draw air from/what to do with the water it makes. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I'd definitely test it for PPM/PH etc, but if everything checks out i guess you could use the AC water. just recycle it into the res and keep an eye on your plants.

3. got high and wanted to move the N.... was bugging me

4. Vent the exhaust from the ac up into the attic. Pull in air from outside of room.

The water should be fine to use if you want.

5. Thanks for the reply's everyone. Guess I'll just wing the water situation. Would be nice to hear from someone who's running an ac in their growroom to hear what their doing with their water. I know it gets hot in some of these growrooms//basements and I'm not
    The first to add an AC.

6. I have a portable AC but it doesn't need emptying. It takes the water and recirculates it in the air. Let me know what you decide to do. My dehumidifier kicks out some water, but I just have a hose going into a 5 gallon bucket and empty when needed.

kush

7. are you sure the hose attachment isnt for putting water INTO it?

My AC doesnt create any water lol.. its a 10k BTU.... but a swamp cooler might.... and they require water to function as it is