Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Adding a locally blown pre-cooler to RooR

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Jan 5, 2012.

1. The basic question is: would adding a locally blown pre-cooler to a RooR make a difference? The pre-coolers run about $80, so I want to make sure it would be worth it. Not sure if a pre-cooler would give a ROOR a difference or not. The roor is a small straight tube. Standard roor downstem non diffused.

2. Bump. Need personal experience please with roor.

3. Alex k downstem would be a much better investment.

4. Obviously it doesn't fucking matter if its a roor those are just overpriced normal bongs anyway so no shit, adding another water filtration to anything will make it smoother your not special because u have a roor

5. You must have really wanted a RooR, such a jerk about it.

6. But for real. He probably dropped $300 on a small straight tube that didnt even have a diffused downstem. How shitty is that?

7. [quote name='"Laith"'] You must have really wanted a RooR, such a jerk about it.[/quote]

Not at all bro kno why? Cus i have common sense and maybe i was a jerk about it but people with roors need to step off their high horse (no pun intended lol) think about OP post like really? He thinks a straight tube non diffused roor would not be affected by a AC because of the mis conception that he dropped 200 for it and thinks its the cats ass and already smooth as can be when really its the same as a thick Chinese straight tube u can get for 25! :wave:

8. Buy the A/C, OP. I'm sure it will make your hits that much smoother. I suggest you avoid buying ROORs. It's rarely worth it considering around 40% of the money you spent on it was for the label.

9. I second the alex k idea, I bought one and its definatly worth the money

10. First of all: You're stupid. RooR's are overpriced, but china glass to replace a RooR? Hahahaah!!!

Secondly, OP is not bragging - he's asking for advice! Go away if you plan to act like that.

11. [quote name='"Laith"'] First of all: You're stupid. RooR's are overpriced, but china glass to replace a RooR? Hahahaah!!!
    [/quote]

I've had some very thick China glass bongs so if its the same style and thickness of glass as a roor for $250 less then Im gonna buy that

12. [quote name='"happytrails420"']

Not at all bro kno why? Cus i have common sense and maybe i was a jerk about it but people with roors need to step off their high horse (no pun intended lol) think about OP post like really? He thinks a straight tube non diffused roor would not be affected by a AC because of the mis conception that he dropped 200 for it and thinks its the cats ass and already smooth as can be when really its the same as a thick Chinese straight tube u can get for 25! :wave:[/quote]

Thats obviously not what it means, your a little :confused: he just doesnt know if extra filtration is worth the hassle or not.

13. #13 Apu, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    Yea take your 25cm tall roor for $300. I shall smoke my 55cm beaker base diffused downstem ice notch 9mmthick(including joints) china brand and have money left over to buy a 11arm precooler. But also no hate some people get enjoyment from cool brands

Everyone is just mad at that guy because he said some real shit in a mean way.

Does it make him an ass? Maybe

Does it make him wrong? No

But to answer the question yes it is worth it.

14. you dont pay for material, you pay for craftsmanship. not like you would know, swearing by your china glass ;)

15. #15 Jumbo, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    Anyone saying RooR isnt over priced, look at it this way, i got a 5mm thick glass on glass, recessed joint Circ bubbler with like 27 slits about 11.5" tall for 90$, with a slide, shipped.
    If RooR even made a piece like that it would probably be triple the price or more....

another example, Luke wilson DD slide 40$, got a DD all clear, a ice pinch with a teal wrap on the top, and a ice pinch with fire and ice fading to clear for 40$ shipped lol just because luke didnt blow it and it wasnt labeled....

Its Glass, the company that blows it doesnt make a difference. Your would be better off buying local blown, way cheaper for the same function and glass type...

And im not saying CHina glass is good, but if you treat it right it could function just as well as a RooR and last as long. But i say buy American blown.....

16. [quote name='"Apu"']Yea take your 25cm tall roor for $300. I shall smoke my 55cm beaker base diffused downstem ice notch 9mmthick(including joints) china brand and have money left over to buy a 11arm precooler.

Everyone is just mad at that guy because he said some real shit in a mean way.

Does it make him an ass? Maybe

Does it make him wrong? No[/quote]

Exactly! And sounds like a nice bong!

17. [quote name='"sublimesun"']
    you dont pay for material, you pay for craftsmanship. not like you would know, swearing by your china glass ;)[/quote]

Not swearing by China glass Im swearing by anything that is cheap and as good as quality compared to a roor for 1/4 the price! And yes I've had some quality, low price bongs that happened to be Chinese

18. Also I would much prefer to have a locally blown piece than a Roor. That way I can personally see said craftsmanship. See sublime you really made yourself look dumb you have no idea of there craftmanship for all you know its a sweatshop. You just assume because its Roor its perfection

19. Precoolers, percs and that work great, with any bong. People hate because you spend a bit too much money on name brand, but some people like the luxury of the label so I don't want to judge, just don't think name brands get you any higher or give you a smoother hit, glass is glass, smoke is smoke, water is water.

20. Roor im 90%sure is blown in a factory of some sort and mass produced. and ive smoked a roor and its just like any other straight tube. but the difference ive noticed is joints, welds and reinforcements. much more consistent. and comming from a person who cares a little more about what they produce for a living, instead of doing what Chinese people do after a long chinese shift and saying fuck it its good enough. its not 100% craftsmanship, but im sure its better than china glass in that sense.