Addictive 'Spice Gold' Causes Withdrawal Syndrome

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Bubble_Bubble, Oct 3, 2009.

1. So, I was cruising GC store today because I was interested in buying some of this, but I couldnt find any. So I did the usual google search, and I quickly found that the price of this stuff has shot up in price significantly since the last time I saw it (as well as the price of synthetic cannabinoids). To my shock I found this article:

Source:
    Dr. Stephan Mertens
    Deutsches Aerzteblatt International \t\t\t \t\t
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/157124.php\

can anyone confirm if this is the reason for my abrupt findings? I was looking into such things, as I am now in college, and all my friend smoke or talk about weed, but unfortunately, I am on probation. I remembered this stuff being like 5g for $30, and I wanted to get some.

2. Same thing with weed.

Weed has withdrawal symptoms and the more often you smoke, the more you'll need to get high.

3. Prolonged, daily use of ANY substance is bound to create some sort of withdrawal symptoms once you stop using that particular substance (severity depends on the substance in question). From the story, this guy used it every day for 8 months.

Moderation.
    Moderation.
    Moderation.

That is key with ANYTHING. Just know your limits and don't be stupid about it and you'll be fine. There are countless amounts of other people who use Spice Gold with no problems whatsoever. But there are always going to be people who have issues with substances.

4. Weed has withdrawal symptoms? I've never heard of them. I doubt they're severe, though.

5. Why do people smoke this fake shit?

6. cause spice and salvia actually work

7. If you buy spice gold or salvia you have no connects and are too thrifty for me.

8. A thread for Pandora's box maybe?:confused:

9. Maybe it's just me, but I rather buy some nice bud and get blitzed rather than buy some fuckshit legal high that is apparently addictive.

10. Some people cannot imagine not smoking bud when theyre on parole and such.

11. i dont believe weed to be physically addictive just mentally, i hav to admit i did watch a long long time hardcore stoner quit smoking and he did get the shakes but i still think that it was in his mind in a way. i smoked some salvia once i coludnt stop laffin

12. So they rather waste money on some fake weed rather than saving it up for something else or whatever? That's ridiculous.

13. Sad, yet....true :(

14. #14 CjX, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
    It's not fake weed, it's a completely different substance.

Spice is a mix of different herbal supplements that together give a certain high.

And Salvia is Salvia.

Google them.

Again, IT'S NOT FAKE WEED, it's a completely different substance.

You just think that if it's green, and you smoke it, gotta be weed.

http://www.erowid.org/ < read

15. Ah well. It is their money at the end but I much rather save up and buy the real thing lol.

I wasn't talking about Salvia, just Spice Gold. Clearly Spice Gold isn't good for you so I don't see why you'd spend your money on that.

16. yeah... I cant smoke weed. got that whole probation thing going on.

17. I've smoked spice diamond, I didn't get addicted.

I didn't have any withdrawal effects either.

I did get high though.

18. boredom

19. Once you get that mindset that everything is better with weed, it's hard to go without it.

20. Who says it "clearly" isn't good for you? This one study says that? This one study that cites one case where one individual had a problem with it makes it "clearly" not good for you? Or do you have other studies/information to back this up?