Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

addiction

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deleted member 616975, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hey guys, i've been smoking every day for like 18 months (obvs had odd day off) currently my nose is screwed from all the smoke, and I want to stop smoking but then I just sit there thinking what to do, and the only thing I can think of is to smoke. I dont get high what so ever off weed anymore, no munchies it just makes my mind a bit cloudy and helps me sleep but want to quit, just cant seem to stop wondered if anyone else had this problem for when they take a week off etc? I went on holiday for a week and didnt smoke once no problem, but try to do it at home I cant

2. Addiction? Give your self a slap before someone else does! I'm the same If I'm on holiday I can go without smoking easy as I'm always pissed, if your gunna take a t break at home you need something to occupy your time and keep your mind of weed.

A new hobby?
    New game?
    Start getting bulked up?

3. #3 kust0mz, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    Its just because its turned into a habit, weed isn't really addicting but very easy to become a habit because how comfortable it is :smoking:

If your not even getting high I would just take a T Break... maybe a week or more off, they are worth taking.

If you want it just for sleeping don't smoke all day just keep it for sleeping otherwise you will just get way to tolerant to the stage you are now.

4. You don't even get high off weed anymore? Well you obviously aren't smoking the right weed.

5. I've been smoking daily for about a year and a half now and i still get high. Get danker weed, switch up your smoking schedule, try different methods, etc. If you only smoke once a day (like at night to sleep) your tolerance will still go down, just not as fast as a tolerance break would get it down. I prefer just smoking less to lower my tolerance instead of stopping all together because sometimes i need it to sleep or eat.

6. T break is not possible for us medical users. Cut back slowly your body will adjust. Find something to do out of the house and let most of yours stash home.

7. This is what I'm trying to do atm is cut down from 2g a day to about 0.5 by smoking 1 doobie before bed, but the joint always ends up about 1g so its sorta working haha

8. Best way to ween off of it is to suffer all day, smoke one bowl before bed. Give it a week, try to not smoke before bed. 

9. Thats what I was thinking when I read this. Been smoking all day everyday for 20+ years and never had that problem. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you sitting round the house all day doing nothing? Then because your bored as a result of doing nothing, your mind goes straight to smoking weed because you can sit doing nothing stoned and it's enjoyable?

11. youre not addicted.
    you just lack self control...

find hobby to keep busy.
    go to the gym.
    meditate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Its not adduction, its habit. Cut back how much you smoke and change how you smoke. I'm starting to cut back from about 2gs a day to 1g or less a day to get my tolerance lower than what it is.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

13. Modify your behavior and make some notable changes that would benefit you.

14. I dont have an addiction but I deal with what you do, don't get that high anymore but it helps me goto sleep and chill. Take a MINIMUM week off, try two.

15. #15 Hypoxic, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    I see it as a very narrow tight rope between habit and addiction.

One example I can bring up without digging up the source is that when you use cannabis your brain begins to release less of your natural thc like chemicals because suddenly there is an abundance so it doesn't think it needs to make and send out more. When you stop smoking you have those couple days where you're not sick but you don't really feel great either because now you have a deficit and your brain has to catch back up and in 3 days you feel normal again pleasure wise.

I have a hard time buying into the idea that weed is not addictive. It's not as physically dependent addictive like harder drugs, but I believe whether psychological or physiological everyone will develops some degree of addiction to cannabis if they are nearly a daily smoker and definitely anyone who smokes daily. I feel people do not like the connotation that "addict" has so they call it what makes it sound better to them...hobby, habit, medication, etc...

I smoke daily. I am addicted to the effects of marijuana and that is due to the positive things it brings to my life. My life does not depend on marijuana but I know that at this point my body relies on it daily to maintain a homeostatic environment. If I can not use it for a few days it is uncomfortable but by all means tolerable...a psychological withdrawal coupled with the bodies desire to now return it's natural thc levels which requires energy and the body takes it's resources from elsewhere so yeah I'm tired and lethargic for those couple days. I am addicted by all senses of the word, but that does not make me a bad person or have a problem...being addicted to something in and of itself is not a problem, when the addiction begins to dictate your life than you have crossed the boundary into dependency.

16. I was addicted to weed a couple of years ago and when I tired to stop one of the things that helped me most was occupying the time I would usually spend getting high with something else, like Kush Cookies said.

Also, getting your friends and family to support you will also help you, alot.

17. OP is 5 years old man..

18. #18 trojangrower, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  19. I've been using Cannabis more-or-less 'round the clock for almost 4 years. I don't view my body/mind adaptation as an addiction. In fact, over the past year I have struggled to consume enough to get the effect I need. Looks like somewhere around the equivalent of 2g/day of top shelf flower for me. Lately I've been shifting to live resins because I can get the same effect from less puffing. Eat about 1/2g every morning to start the day. End up toking the e-nail watching late nite TV every night. Have a dose of vapeweed oil right before bed. I think my "tolerance" is probably high, but I don't really use it to "get high." Every so often I have too much and need to take a nap, no biggie. Haven't felt this good since 10 years ago before my health went off a cliff.

• Like Like x 1