Addicted to the herb

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ZWERVE, Jan 25, 2014.

1. So you think people don't get addicted to pot, they get addicted to getting high from pot?  Thanks for clearing that up.  The words habit and addiction can be used interchangeably to mean the same thing.

Exactly...they aren't addicted to pot. They are addicted to getting high and the ACT of getting high. It is poor impulse control. Burgers, chocolate, sex,.... All of these things are Habit forming. And people claim to be addicted to the, but to have the clinical definition of ADDICTION, there needs to be both a physical, and mental dependency which overwhelms the subject and leads to negative consequences both physically and mentally. Just because a person doesn't want to stop doesn't clear the hurdle to be classified as addiction. Any more than sitting in direct sunlight and declaring yourself cooking alive  means that you are actually increasing in temperature to a level of doneness suitable for consumption.

3. #23 240sxLover, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Too be honest, as both a caffeine addict and an herb "habit-ist", I'd take caffeine withdrawals over going without pot any day. So, you know. It might not be physically addicting but it sure is harder to stop smoking it in my book.

People can also get addicted to spicy food, sorta. Which I am, or at least habituated. Every time I see a picture of spicy food, my mouth starts to water. Mmmmmm.... flaming hot cheetos....