Adam Kokesh Arrested At Philly Pot Rally

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lightupbong, May 19, 2013.

It is actually permitted here in most areas. Just wanted to clear that up.

2. I disagree. I don't know your political views, but I know a lot of people like myself who feel very strongly about their guns. I know a lot of people are really pissed off right now and at their breaking points with this government. I think it will deffinately make a huge statement. As much as I want it to be peaceful, I don't think it will end that way. But I know if I were in that situation, I wouldn't go down without a fight. They cant arrest everybody, so they would be smart if they just let them do their march and kept it peaceful. But if the cops do get involved, i can see this ending up like Boston with another test run of Marshal Law.

3. #123 Johnny Cash, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013

You mean to say you would start shooting if things got violent?

4. Lol is that what they're charging him for?

5. I stand corrected.  Maybe the law changed, because when I visited Amsterdam and Utrecht for a week, quite some time ago, I do not remember anybody smoking it anywhere other than inside the coffeeshops.

Maybe you had a cold. ;)

7. Adam finally got a phone call. Talked to his Dad.

8. Can anybody guess how long it would normally take for someone to be either released or sentenced in this situation? I mean for people who aren't Adam Kokesh.

9. I can't speak on a federal level but here in my state they have to give you an arraignment hearing or release you with in 72 hours
    . I'm sure they will do what ever they want though and just pay the lawsuit
    Fuckin bastards
    La county sheriff loves to have fun at the expense of taxpayers

10. Depends where it occurs. Most populated places have judges on the weekends, but idk anything about federal court system. I still think, even if they don't have weekend judges for bail, that the average person would have been out on Monday.

Now that I think about it though, the average person would have also answered questions of the court and talked to their lawyer too. If they didn't, I think it might actually be the same. The not getting a phone call until today is the one I don't understand. ..

11. I can't imagine they could keep him locked up until July 4th just because a cop punched another cop.

12. #133 Egghead03, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    URGENT: We are raising legal funds for Adam to get the best and savviest lawyer possible. The public defender just told me that he is being charged with a felony, not a misdemeanor. Please donate. This is as much about us as it is about Adam. I am George Donnelly of Shield Mutual, Adam's PR agent. I will answer as many questions as possible in between calls to family, lawyers, friends and other activists. http://freeadam.net/legal/ Please direct all comments to george.donnelly@shieldmutual.com, the legal fund page or https://www.facebook.com/FreeAdamKokesh

Here is the link. Do not donate to avtm.com anymore. Access to funds is up in the air without Adam. Please spread on FB or however you would like.

http://freeadam.net/legal/

EDIT: Video from George: http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=mAuPOHI1Les

13. All im saying is be careful who you donate your money to. Always check out AdamKokesh on twitter for direct donations! 

14. Lucas and Darrell are going to release a video...

Sure sounds like it. All it takes is one to start the shit ball rolling.
    That is why I claim it is an idiotic march, leave the weapons at home.

How are these mofos going to react when all of a sudden (Just as Adam says it will) people are asked to surrender their arms and be peacefully arrested? Hillbilly - "Fuck no I paid too much to loose this sum-n-a-bitch.

:smoke:.

16. #139 Lenny., May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    The criminal complaint states that he assaulted an officer while they were trying to arrest someone else, who actually had marijuana. The complaint states that Adam impeded the officers attempts by placing his hand on their arm (something like that.)

To answer your other question about if they can hold him past July 4. Yes, they can. He is, by law, supposed to have a trial in which he is indicted within 30, however the government does not follow their own laws - they currently are subverting said law with Boston bomber dude Jahar Tsarnaev

I know a girl who a couple years back committed felony assault on a police officer, and basically you can be put away for a while if convicted.