Actual Yields... wet and/or dry?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KoC sTONER, Dec 10, 2003.

1. When you say you can expect about 1 or 2oz per plant yield... is that the amount expected when measured "wet" straight off the plant? or is it the weight of the bud after drying? Some people seem to have pretty hight yields... wondering if they just talkin wet wt.

What is the %water of buds? i.e. if you get 3oz fresh bud off a plant you would expect ??oz of finished dried product.

thanks

2. HIGH All, I'd say inbetween 1/2 and 3/4 of the weight will be lost. 3oz's wet maybe an oz and a half dry.

3. That's pretty much what I expected.... about 2/3 of the bud weight is lost in drying.

I'm still curious though... when the more experienced growers are talking about yield... let's say a plant put into flower at 12" and then grown to ~3ft how much dry smokable bud is produced?

Using a modest setup... 400w hps and no grow tricks like topping etc. Just soil, water, and a bit of fert.

What is the amount of wet or dry bud that the vast majority of people with this setup would produce?