Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Acting" like you're high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Drool, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Okay so here's something that pisses me off.

I started smoking a while back, and I try to look cool and not make an ass of myself, as most people would.

There's kind of some hate on stuff such as:

-Saying 'oh dude I'm so high off my balls'
    -Exagerating being high, same goes with alcohol
    -You get the idea

Personally it doesn't bother me much, and if it does I don't usually say anything since I get it. But when I'm high, I like to do stuff that may look or sound kind of 'stupid' but my policy is having as much fun as possible.

Not note that when I say 'stupid' I don't mean anything that may harm or cause any bad consequences to people around me. Let's take an example here.

The other day I invite three friends over and they had never smoked before, so we smoked about 0.6 grams separated into two joints, very poorly rolled by me, but still smoke-able.

We all have pretty low tolerance so we got pretty high, and one of my friends was laying in the kitchen floor, and I started pretending that I was a robot, because it seemed really fun. And it was.

So that's what I'm referring to when I say 'stupid' things.

Later that evening we were sitting on the couch and I said something that I found very interesting and funny, so I kept repeating it.

At that point one of my friends said: "Dude, don't do that, acting like you're super high."

That was a major buzzkill. And the deal is, I didn't realize it you know, I wasn't aware of how it might seem like you're pretending to be high.

So what is your personal experience? Are you the same, or do you like to do and see and hear stupid things?

Personally my principle is, do whatever you feel like without hurting someone or breaking something when you're in your home or other private spaces. have some control when you're in public.

Sorry for the long post/rant.

2. I love doing stupid stuff stoned. That's why I smoke, to have a buttload of fun. And your friends a dick for saying that. You never insult a blazed guy by saying he's acting like a noobie. There's nothin wrong with having fun.

3. When somone is super baked and acting stupid in the sense you described it as I think it's really funny ( if Im baked too)

4. [quote name='"ToastedStrudel"'] You never insult a blazed guy by saying he's acting like a noobie. There's nothin wrong with having fun.[/quote]

I agree so much. My best friend and I are clowns when we're high. you either hate it or love it. Doesn't matter to us, we have fun just being high together lol.

5. It really does depend on the situation but I think that it's quite short sighted to say that as long as your not breaking shit or punching someone that you should be totally free to be an ass when your high. Doing dumb shit will get a dumb response and if your annoying people then maybe you should chill with the behaviour. I have lots of different stoner friends and depending on who I'm with will really influence how I act - be appropriate when in company with people who aren't on the same wavelength.

Although this is all small time shit compared to the smokers who think that because they've smoked a joint they are now a philosopher. I've sat and listened to someone word vomit about what they'd do to psychologically deal with being raped, the neurotic prick spent 30 minutes saying "I'd pretend I wasn't there" pretty much and I didn't manage to get a word in once.

6. #6 Montana weed, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    I usually just tell some jokes or some stories. But when a person who has never smoked before and barely smoked might I add goes and freaks out, like "ohhhh my goddddd!!! I just saw a fuckin chicken!". Then I just want them to shut the fuck up. I like stupid things but not acting stupid. << and to add on that, I don't like it for 2 reasons. 1. It's annoying, and 2. Acting really stupid when you're high just gives the people who say shit about marijuana more ammunition.

7. Well I'm not going to write a bill of rights to what I considered ok to do, but obviously there are limitations.

8. Haha, New stoners can be as childish as they want. I mean i only smoke to feel like a kid again anyway. What REALLY pisses me off is when Stupid people try to say they smoke all the time and they tell you about there experience and its nothing like weed at all. Such as saying u saw something that was not really there, or that they Over dosed and had to go to hospital, o my favorite is i was allergic to it, ill never do it again. God, people in this world

9. Yeah but that has to do with the person being stupid, not with being high! :p

10. Me and all my friends do crazy ass shit when we're together. Acting stupid is one of the things we always do. We smoke a J and a few hits from da' bong, get stoned off our asses and just fuck around do stupid shit. It's awesome. :D

11. I think I know whats going on. I think we all know people who are obviously pretending to be higher than they really are. I think it's so easy to assume people are faking, maybe the dude thought you were faking.

12. I smoke daily and so does my smoke buddy. We look for the things that can make us giggle now. Long for the days when we could smoke a bowl and act like Asshats.

But now we can't and it is a little annoying to see someone having fun when we can't (or rarely) any more. But it is a total party foul to tell a stoner they are acting High. And it is even worse if you tell the person who invited you over and supplied the poorly rolled joints.

That is total BS and the next time you invite your buddies over forget to invite him a couple times. If he asks why tell him that you noticed that he does not like being around people who get really high and find stupid shit funny so you didn't figure he would want to hang out if you were smoking. But that's me.

13. Yeah but he's a really good friend of mine.

In case the same situation happens I'll make sure to make a little speech before, explaining the "rules of the house". :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. I usually just laugh my ass off and say stupid shit when I'm with friends. But one of my best friends tries to get violent with me and despises me having fun. I really like the kid, but he has to accept me for me, you know?

15. Yes, but for other than that he's a great guy and I don't want weed to interfere with my life.

16. I personally hate it when people who haven't smoked before pretend they're hallucinating. Like it's their first time smoking and they say shit like "HOLY FUCK DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT DRAGON, THERE'S A DRAGON IN THE KITCHEN!" Shut the fuck up dude, you're not acting cool at all, it's actually killing my high.

17. That can be quite annoying. It's not what I was talking about though.

18. People asking me how high I am is a buzzkill

19. Last time someone told me i was walking like i was drunk. she smoked too but i got really embarrassed. i was mentally telling myself "don't act stupid. just walk straight." was i being retarded and wtf why?

20. with my group of friends, we will just "act higher" but its just us enjoying our high. i would rather fool around and enjoy my high than try to "contain" it.

on the other hand, i know what you mean. if somebody smoked .2-.3 and they say "im trippin" they are just being dumb.