Acrylic or Glass Bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by StoneBuddha, Jun 6, 2011.

1. So say I go into the smoke shop with 20-30 dollars in hand, what would be my best value? Glass or Acrylic?

2. I personally would buy an acrylic JUST to piss off all the glass snobs that are gonna reply to this thread.. :D

3. youll hardly find NICE glass (borosciliate, GonG, etc.) for 30 bucks, so go with acrylic. acrylics are cheap but not bad

4. Yeah that's what I figured. The acrylic would be better for me in a way because it is more durable and I'm buying this bong to use at my cabin. But really I just want whatever is going to hit the best.

5. U could get a really cool acrylic for that price.

I have glass and acrylic, and I personally do not see why people hate acrylic so much. Hits just as good IMO...

6. What size acrylic do you have?

7. This is basically what I got.

Acryl bong colored - English - Grasscity.com

Only difference is mine is all dark green in color and doesnt have as nice of a mouth piece. :D

I bought it like 12 years ago. Still hits like a beast to this day. I wish I could make a milk vid, but I have it in my moms garage. Its the piece I use when Im there..

8. imo acrylic bongs just look like they would taste nasty, like a homemade plastic bong

9. They LOOK like they would taste nasty eh??

To each their own I guess. I judge on performance. They function GREAT...

10. #10 PotBlazinSwimmr, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey if the work well, ill go try them out!

11. ^^ Great Sig. Awesome show.

12. maybe look into getting a smaller glass bubbler?

13. I would save up for a decent glass one some acrylics are nice but I have only seen them with carb holes which are not good in my opinion

14. I have a bubbler. It's alright but not great.

15. Damn, that looks nice. These acrylic bongs really do have great value though don't they. 12 bucks is a steal.

16. Yeah...and if u drop it u dont have to go buy a new one. :D

17. 12 YEARS? My god that thing has to smell like a skunks asshole. How in the hell do you clean that...? Please tell me you clean that?

18. yea it is a steal, it can get quite smelly if you use it regularly...I clean mine after every use :bongin:

19. Very rarely...prolly hasnt been cleaned in over a year. :D

I clean the water of course..but the unit itself is dirty as hell..

Gets me fucking BAKED ...