Acrylic or Glass bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TwiztidToker24, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hey guys so i might get a bong and I cant decide on an acrylic or glass one. Sure glass is nicer looking and hits smoother but the acrylics are literally unbreakable and are much easier to stash. Your thoughts?

2. glass > plastic if you've smoked out of both :smoke:

3. Depends, if you can't leave your bong in the open then go acrylic.

If you are on the move a lot + you are young, go acrylic.

If you want a nice bong to show off and feel more like a 'stoner' then go glass.

In the end, Glass > Plastic.

4. Glass or pass.

5. you guys speak the truth, do acrylic bongs really taste bad?

6. Nah, they taste the same. It all depends on the quality of your bud.

Also, if you look at it for the $$$. Plastic is way cheaper + a lot harder to break. It's a good beginner's bong.

7. Oh thanks man, im def leaning towards acrylic then. I want a nice glass one so bad....:( but i cant leave it in the open and durability is a must

8. Well if you're looking at acrylic, the only two plus sides to it that I can think of is they won't break, and you can usually get a real tall one for like $30 max..

But there are a couple of cons (at least to me), I hate carbs (cept on pipes of course) on bongs, and Idk..just don't find them too appealing to be honest, they look sort of tacky..

To be honest, my first bong was glass..it was probably about 8.5 inches, not glass on glass, for about $22..never broke, and I was quite nooby back then. So you know, even for a beginner glass is fine, unless you are totally prone to breaking shit, lol. But, when I got my 12" I would just put that shit in the closet and throw a shirt over it, really..

So yeah..really the choice is yours, just hit up your LHS, and let the bong choose you..:smoke:

9. You could just get a cheaper glass bong? Who cares if you get a 25$ china-glass bong (they're cheap, but that dosn't mean they're not highly functional and cool looking) and you break it within 3 months? I got a 3 foot acrylic with internal perc, and it cost me 25$. You can't really go wrong with either one.:smoke:

10. i like glass on glass bongs thick ones like sheldon blacks

11. #11 B-J-G, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020

12. Acryllic DOES taste bad, at least in my opionin.
    But I think its the metal bowls, not the plastic of the bong.

Glass is worth it.