acne scars?

Discussion in 'General' started by sleezy, May 28, 2010.

1. does anyone here know how to get rid of these damn things... gotta be somehow.. when i was 16/17 i started breakin out pretty bad.. and now im 20 and i only breakout every here n there.. but i cant get rid of the red marks left from before...i tried everything proactic max clarity even tried with honey.. i even wash my face atleast 3 times a day... i always have.. just sucks seeing a sexy ass girl... and i dont even wanna go talk 2 her cuz i dont wanna be put in the "friend zone" ... anybody kno of anything that ACTUALLY works?

2. you can try sicatricure its this mexican made scar removal thing, ive seen it work well on the tv, but the again it is tv :/

personally i never had acne growing up =o

3. it's not a scar if it's red.

if you have insurance, go to a dermatologist. they will clear your face up. They threw my on acutane and i;ve been acne free for over a year. it's amazing. and don't worry about all that depression shit they say as a side effect, i was fine. although if you are schizo or something i'd avoid it.

if you have any more questions regarding acutane hit me up cause i know a lot of people are hesitant.

4. This is going to sound weird, but people swear by it.

Lemon juice and crushed up UNCOATED aspirin. About 4 aspirin will do, and a little bit of lemon juice. If you do it right it should create a a pasty substance. Put this on your face and let it sit for a few minutes then rinse it off. Do this every day for a week or two and I bet you will see an improvement.

5. There are special products that you can buy that will do it. Some are inexpensive, some are pricey.
    Neutrogena has a product called Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. I've heard good things about it. There's also the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel, Mederma Scar Treatment, and "fade creams". Depending on your skin tone or ethnicity, you may need a different product, like Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream. There are some other options in the ethnic skincare section of most stores. I've also heard that Vitamin C cream (found at GNC) can help.

6. ^This is cheap, but it should work. Lemon juice has always been a "home remedy" for blotchy skin, the vitamin c and citric acid probably account for this. The crushed aspirin would fight inflammation, which is the cause of redness.

7. #7 Royksopp, May 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    Definitely go to a dermatologist. Once I get insurance I am going to go back and get my redness/old scars taken care of. I used to have really bad acne all over my face for years until now in my 20's when I've stopped getting pimples for the most part with a few exceptions. Lemon juice I heard is good but really dermatologist is the way to go for this. You don't want your face to end up looking worse.

For the time being here are some tips: Do not over wash your face. Once in the morning, afternoon (after a workout or something) and evening should be good enough. Remember to wash your pillow covers at least once a week. Eating healthy and drinking lots of water is good too. I use Noxzema as a cleanser and it works pretty good and leaves my face oil free and tingly.

[​IMG]

But they have a ton of other products so find the one that will work best for you. And Noxzema products are relatively cheap. In Target that tube was $3 and I've had it since January.

8. See! i'm smart sometimes. :D haha

9. Oh, forgot to mention, you can also try a face wash with sulfur instead of the normal stuff. That's what I use. I get it at Sephora, which is kind of expensive, but it works really well for me. Maybe you can find cheaper products online? BareEscentuals (Bare Minerals) has a good sulfur product as well.

10. has anybody heard of acne complex? was thinkin bout trying it but dont want to waste my money if it doesnt work... oh ya and i went to a dermatolodist when i was about 16 when i started to breakout... they put me on soomething... didnt really do much for me.. im a see whats up with this acutane

11. You might try some chemical peels. Start off with something gentle like 30% glycolic or lactic acid. After awhile, consider doing a Jessner's or TCA peel. I also add glycolic acid to Cetaphil lotion to use on my face. Check out MakeMeHeal.com. They've got a lot of info in their forums on using mild to medium peels at home.

12. Btw, making a marijuana tincture or oil (like Phoenix Tears) and applying topically should help. It clears up bumps faster than antibiotics do for me.

13. Well they usually don't treat the acne with the first product they give you. I tried a bunch of them and some worked better than others. Mine just decided to go away now in my 20's. So just go and see what they will give you. Try Noxzema though lol it's good stuff. Also avoid touching your face as much as possible.