ACLU 50-STATE SURVEY

Discussion in 'Politics' started by svedka, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Received this survey from ACLU by snail mail containing 15 questions. At a glance each question i will check the answer box as follows:

STRONGLY AGREE
    VERY CONCERNED
    VERY IMPORTANT

Does not appear to be a link to this current survey which has a respond by date of August 13th, 2018.

Wondering if anyone else received one or if they only sent them out to those they feel are more open to their current focus which is fair elections, concern about attempts to suppress votes, extreme & controversial measures current administration has and is taking and strategies for defending freedom.

Suffice to say sending this back with a donation which may be the first one i've made, will have to check the books. Was planning on joining anyway.

2. You think they are surveying the choir? You may be right, I doubt those who disagree with them would send them donations so if they want money they ask the right people. How do you think they got your number? Are you a member of some other left wing organization who may have shared your info?

3. Gee, is this a game of 20 questions? Amazing how you can ask questions i've not even thought about let alone have answers to... all any org. needs do is obtain information as to where any net user goes.. i'm sure they can obtain lists of Dems, Reps, left leaning, right leaning, etc... from Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc.

I was always leery of ACLU over decades until past few years but they have been an advocate of legalization of weed as well as fighting to help those incarcerated due to possession or selling small amounts. They go back 98 years and Helen Keller (America's 1st blind darling) was a founding member...
    There are many ACLU topics here at GC but not any recent ones, almost all about their work in assisting legalization and freeing users...

What i can and will say is that i do my DD prior to sending CC information so i checked the address and it didn't match to what i found on the net... still researching to see if this is a legit survey or something fake to take money and run... So for now i only made a donation online at what i know for sure is their legit operation and am holding the survey until i hear from the local branch confirming it is not a scam. Could be they just want to keep it low profile until completed but not a trace about it on the net makes me wonder... could be the address thing is they are using a 3rd party survey company which is surely the case more often than not with surveys as they need to be independent... granted the questions were left leaning and i agreed with the most extreme reply option for each.

Will post more if i hear more but mainly i wanted to know if anyone, mostly progressives and dems received the survey.

4. I'm confused.

5. Nice to meet you confused.... i'm incoherent... i blame "trickle down" from POUTUS... lol at least it's the first sign it works...

There is more than anyone would want to know how ACLU is entangled in history for 98 years at this link.

American Civil Liberties Union - Wikipedia

6. I intentionally try to look at things from a different perspective, that's why I ask questions you haven't thought about. Sometimes I'm way off base, sometimes not. I agree the ACLU has accomplished some very good things but in general they are liberal so of course I disagree with a lot of their actions. I doubt you've been scammed, they probably farm out their fund raising for a piece of the pie.

7. Fair enough. was thinking the same about a 3rd party service.. Here is a quote from the local ACLU received today... maybe i did send them some $$ months ago after reading about some of their successes law suites against the right... lol i also have donated to some NON main stream media organizations this year.
    /////
    "The survey was sent to supporters and potential supporters. We used a mail house in DC. "

• Like Like x 1
  8. May we please dissect your conservative views.

• Like Like x 1
  9. @ReturnFire333
    Sorry to chime in before Ed has a chance to reply but i've noticed over the past year or so there are so many "designer" or "micro brewed" variants.. no longer left or right, reps or dems...

in the past few days i've noticed a couple of members in particular. one said he was "right leaning libertarian" the other "left leaning libertarian". now it is like a Baskin-Robbins 31 flavors mix... no longer vanilla chocolate or strawberry like in the 70's and 80's...

Makes it damn difficult to remember who leans where, how far and what mix that buffers or ramps up leanings... i find that amazing as for me it is easy... it's like in life we gravitate toward ppl not so much for how much we have in common but sort of an invisible "energy".... it just seems natural... they don't crowd your aura (space) with a lot of pushiness, neediness, sales pitches, etc. it just flows...

Sure the 2 main stream parties have their agendas but it's like "do i want to go to this party or the other"...
    What i like personally is the Dems are being infiltrated with a grass roots movement thanks to "the Bern" and those he inspired... yet it's gonna take awhile for the boomers and younger neo liberals to die off or give in to the real progressives (the youth) who are fed up with hypocrisy...

That's my 4 cents (inflation) carry on... waiting to hear from Ed.

10. Sure, go ahead. I'm comfortable in my orientation.

11. Can't derail the OP. Maybe In the random political BS thread.