Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Acid Reflux and Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LilBum, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Yo im not sure if im the only one ( fuckin feels like it) but I've had acid reflux for two years and its the fucking worst. I have constant annoyance in my stomach and pain , palms sweaty and all the other fucking great shit that comes with acid reflux. I did try and take some medican to treat it but it showed no resultes and even if i eat healthy everyday and drink the right amount of water i still feel like shit.

I been smoking weed for 4 years and before i knew that i had acid reflux i thought that i was fully addicted to weed (lol) because every time i smoked i felt normal nothing wrong at all. And then when i would come down i would start feeling like shit again.

fast forward a few months i find out i have acid reflux. One of the things the doctor say not do is smoke. But it the only thing that helps feel normal. And lets my stomach relax.

So if anyone is in the same boat as let me know yo foreal , acid reflux sucks ass but mother j fucking helps me .

2. smoking marijuana has proven to not cause any detrimental lung problems I would say if it honestly does help I would ask your doctor about it and say that it helps with the discomfort and see what he says. I'm not gonna tell you it's fine or not because obviously I'm no doctor but it's a difficult question to answer. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hello, not sure I can help here but I have experienced acid reflux periodically, I've had it for 1-3 days at times. First thing, it's probably not the weed, if anything it probably helping you when your high and when you come down you are just more aware of what you are feeling, in this case, the shittyness . BUT I have to ask, are you smoking out of a water bottle? Or something that could be producing toxic fumes? It could also be the weed (not the weed but something in it, like pieces of paper or plastic that looks like weed, but that could only be possible if you buy brick weed, idk if you do). Try maybe taking a couple days off (3-7), the fort couple days off will most likely be shit, but if you don't feel better, it's not the weed.
    A lot of people have acid reflux, probably isn't the weed, but maybe give the break a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Heya dude/dudette,

I've suffered from acid reflux for just over 5 years now and none of the prescriptions the docs gave me helped. When I started using weed I noticed it settled it down for a lengthy period of time (generally 2 days).

As 99lrlanda said, it could be your smoking utensil or something in the weed itself causing you issues.

Stress and anxiety cab another cause of acid reflux, as well as an unhealthy diet. Do you generally eat healthy and exercise? If not try making some changes there.

I don't see weed being the problem here, I suggest seeing your doctor about it and see if he can help you out further.

Best of luck and hope you get your acid reflux sorted soon, it's a real pain - I know.

5. Weed has some great benifits, I had a cold and it was only around for about 2 days. When I was sick I increased how much I was smoking at least 2 fold. I had no symptoms after those 2 days.

6. Hey there, I'm kinda on the same page as you.

I've been smoking weed for the past year. The past week or so I had a bad indigestion feeling on the left of my chest which ended up with me needing to go to the doctors. It turns out I have acid reflux too. I've been prescribed a medication to help which I've started today.

I feel pain constantly and I feel that when I toke 1, I'm okay and it relieves pain, but if I toke all night I regret it and it is brought on worse by paranoia (making my chest pain feel deeper and worse than it actually is)
    What worries me is my doctor has also mentioned to me that my left lung is in bad condition and if I don't stop smoking I will end up with a blood clot.

I'd like to hear how you are getting on now and if your situation has improved x

7. I get it too, it really has to do with eating tons of Munchies.

Eat less junk food (especially around bedtime) and drink more water.

8. He meant don't smoke tobbacco. Use a bong. Rolling papers or blunt wraps may aggrivate your acid reflux. I am not a doctor.

9. From my experience and knowledge of what other ailments it helps, I doubt weed is what is causing it. it is known to help with IBS, and it definitely helps 100% of stomach pains I've ever had. grease is typically what triggers acid reflux. and sodas. basically avoid the food that people with diabetes avoid... LOL!