Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Account Banned?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by ghhhijk, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My account on here, zamrambo, was banned a few days ago due to spam. I also realize that admitting that that was my account, this one might get banned too.

I don't know what I was doing wrong though. I was just sitting on here, posted a few replies, sent a few messages, and then all of a sudden I was banned.

I sent an email the other day but I don't expect a quick answer, so I figured this would be quicker. I had a problem with that email account a month or so ago where it started sending out spam mail but I fixed that.

So, if you could please enlighten me as to what happened or what someone thinks happened. Because I honestly have no idea...

Thanks.

2. Im not a mod, so im not 100% sure, but i would guess it had something to do with the phishing scam.

did you click any links and enter your info by any chance?

3. Yeah, that ^ ...let me shoot you a PM and we'll see if we can get it worked out.

4. I didn't click anything like that to my knowledge, I'm pretty careful about phishing scams and the like.

5. It was fairly elaborate, enough to trick an innocent stoner thread surfin.

6. Apparently I'm not as wise as I thought.

Thanks Mods for getting me back online.

7. Cool, dude. I'm going to axe the other account now. :)

8. Also...I wanted to point out what it looks like when a user account is deleted for those who might ever have a question about what shows up when an account is deleted. I get that question a lot, actually. If you search for the user by user name, nothing comes up and there's no profile to see. So, just check the OP. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.