Accidently fimmed

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by bigheist, Jul 31, 2012.

1. So a few days ago my light fell over and cut my plants in half and accidentally fimmed it.
    It was only in flowering a week & a half. It still wasnt showing the sex. So yesterday i put it back in veg and it grew a shitload. Is this fine that i did this?

2. From my understanding, once you flower it's usually a bad idea to switch the light cycle back to 24 (or whatever schedule you use)... not sure exactly why, something to do with hormones or blah blah blah. I'm guessing the explosion in growth was more from it being in the flowering stage before, but I suppose it's worth making it into an experiment and seeing what (if any) the side effects are of switching back and forth

3. [quote name='"MisterIncognito"']From my understanding, once you flower it's usually a bad idea to switch the light cycle back to 24 (or whatever schedule you use)... not sure exactly why, something to do with hormones or blah blah blah. I'm guessing the explosion in growth was more from it being in the flowering stage before, but I suppose it's worth making it into an experiment and seeing what (if any) the side effects are of switching back and forth[/quote]

Well theres actually an interesting method where they switch it back while budding and itll make it grow like 4-6 pounds. Its called monster cropping i think

4. yeah it is, I actually just stumbled across that last night haha so I guess I was wrong

5. [quote name='"MisterIncognito"']yeah it is, I actually just stumbled across that last night haha so I guess I was wrong[/quote]

I wonder wat it looks like

6. #6 AKAoZ, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    [quote name='"bigheist"']So a few days ago my light fell over and cut my plants in half and accidentally fimmed it.
    It was only in flowering a week & a half. It still wasnt showing the sex. So yesterday i put it back in veg and it grew a shitload. Is this fine that i did this?[/quote]

Do you mean you inadvertently supercropped your plant, bent the main stem over?

Chuck it back in your flower room, either way it'll be fine.

Oz

7. [quote name='"AKAoZ"']

Do you mean you inadvertently supercropped your plant, bent the main stem over?

Chuck it back in your flower room, either way it'll be fine.

Oz[/quote]

Nah the whole top came off. But its cool now. I put it back in veg cuz i got anutha plant planted a few days ago.