accidentally toke 100 hits?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Capt_Crow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. a friend told me this story about some kid who graduated from my high school long ago. of course, i had to change the names and places.

so it goes like this: Tommy was into the weed scene pretty big. He supplied most of the school. It was a small school, average class size is about 50. So he realized that the profit margin for harder drugs like acid is way better. Tommy started selling a few hits of acid here and there. Eventually his little business expanded into the nearby town which was much larger. By this time he was buying more and more acid and less and less weed.

Here's where the story gets interesting. Tommy bought a vial of acid (about 100 hits worth). He was planning on separating it into smaller amounts so he goes to take the cap off the vial. The problem is Tommy is too weak to get the cap off, so he uses his teeth. Tommy finally pries the cap off and accidentally swallows most of the vial. He quickly realizes he just took a ridiculous amount of acid and calls up his best friend. "You gotta get down here man. I don't know what I'm gonna do. You gotta help me out."

A few minutes later Tommy's friend shows up and the two agree to restrain him to his bed. I can't even begin to fathom what he must have seen, but whatever it was it fucked him up. Ever since this incident Tommy has never been the same. Everyone agrees he must have some kind of permanent brain damage.

So what do you guys think? I don't know anything about acid. I'm just repeating the story. Is this a load of bull?

2. Sounds like bullshit to me. But what do I know.....

3. im pretty sure he would die, and if not he would be a vegetable.

4. thats just like cheech and chong where they take like the 30 or so hits of acid
    "i hope you arent busy for the next month!"
    ahahaha

Tommy must have talked with Mother Nature.

5. Hmmm I can go both ways with that.

I can honestly say after I did acid and mushrooms my thought process has not been the same. It can happen though. We did X with my one buddy who never really did it, he has NEVER thought the same. It kinda bought out a different side of that person that we really haven't seen.

Can it happen? Yes, it can. Any type of psychodelic will open your mind. Its not that it makes you crazy but it opens your mind for sure. Your whole thought process is different. It just makes you realize shit, you think real hard when your on any type of psychodelic.

They use to give LSD to patients who were in for psychiatric treatment to open their minds up.

6. wow he TOOK 100 hits? people have taken more (thumbprints are like 1000+ hits) and been fine I'm calling bull shit.

7. What? No.

People take doses in the 50,000ug-100,000ug range, a vial of LSD that's been diluted in water these days, can't even hope for 10,000ug.

8. it won't kill you or physically damage your brains, but there's a good chance you're never going to be the same after taking 100 hits of acid by accident.

9. This.

Also, OP, I should have stopped reading after you said acid was a "hard" drug. I'm suprised Tommy isn't sitting in a mental asylum somewhere thinking he's a glass of orange juice. Isn't that how all these stories you heard from a friend end?

10. lol my friend did something similar to that once, now he's stuck in some weird trip where he thinks he's a tea cup and anyone who comes near him is a tea kettle and are gonna pour hot tea in him

11. When I read the title of this thread I thought someone "toked" 100 hits of a blunt or some shit..

12. 100 hits?

Your friend could be a schizo from all that acid.

13. yeah dude....i took 2 hits of acid and could barely handle it. everything was terrifying for 2 hours, and was high was fuck for atleast 5. 100 would be fucking nuts

14. like said a post or two up, could've triggered schizo.

ive got a friend that was always outgoing, etc. he did pills for a while, became quiet and didnt talk to anyone really. 2 years go by, no more pills, but hes fucked. just chilling with him is a hassle because of how he is. hard to explain, but hes fucked up bad.

15. Please, this should be posted in the Box.

Posting it here means that an uncanny number of people will tell/believe incredibly far-fetched lies about drugs they have no knowledge of.

16. I have a former "friend" (who was essentially my drug dealing mentor when I was younger and still an idiot) who ate nearly half a sheet (maybe 45 or so that I saw for sure) and smoked a bunch of crack (which he sold copious amounts of and for that reason was already super hot with all of the local DTs as well as a couple of feds). Cops showed up, he got into a violent confrontation, ran into the woods (tossing out about an ounce and a half of base along the way) and disappeared for about 12 hours. after he was found he was taken to the ER because he was curled up nearly into the fetal position with his face and wrists contorted and was completely unresponsive for days after that.

shit can get real :laughing:

17. The story does sound like absolute crap but yes people have been sent over the edge by LSD even at low doses. People have also taken extremely high doses of crystalline LSD in the form of 'thumbprint' (liking you thumb and dabbing it in LSD crystals then rubbing it your palm or licking it off). Those who have reported to have done it often claim to never be the same again. This ranges from extreme deppression to absolute serentiy and onenes with the world. This is dependent on the user and there genetc makeup. If you have history of schizophrenia in the family or other mental illness's you are geneticly pre-disposed making some very sensetive to LSD, alcohol, cannabis etc.

LSD is also a very very strong drug. It is often likened to temporary insanity as one can experiance delusions of granduar and self importance, very simular to the symptoms of Schizophrenia. For example many people who have experianced bad trips report seeing the devil or thinking they were being influenced by him. If you have every volunteered in a mental health unit find many thinking that te devil is after them or that they can speak to god.

in Conclusion: the story is probbaly bogus but the science behind it is very real
    Myth Plausible :D

18. Um...

Erowid lists the LD50 for acid as 12,000ug, so it seems highly unlikely that people are taking doses >50,000ug.

But I do agree that it was probably suspended (diluted) in water.

I'd say more, but we can't discuss dosages, and I want to respect that.

As for being "changed" I've always believed that a bad experience from psychedelics can definitely give you PTSD. It's not that the drug did it, it was the experience on the drug.

19. no man, people do dose that amount. no one has reached the ld-50. and even if you take comparative results from lab rats, you still aren't testing on a human. Even if you did people react and tolerate things differently.

I've read of a couple reports of people dosing thumbprints and for sure it is up there in that 50k ug range.

20. What's up with all these sigs? It's not fricking Pandora's Vagina!