Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

accidentally inhaling weed help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tan, Jul 1, 2015.

1. My friend had a glass pipe which we used two days ago. While inhaling, a piece of it went through the pipe and into my throat.
    The last two days my throat hurts when I swallow and it feels as if somethings stuck in it. Are there any solutions to this?

2. Drink something lol. Honestly that happens all of the time and if it still hurts you should go get your throat checked out, likely strep or another problem.

3. I've been drinking and eating things, it just hurts to do.
    It feels like strep but also like theres something lodged in my throat

4. You might be slowly choking on it. If you wake up dead in three days then you were.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Did it burn you? If so, that feeling of something being stuck is the wound. It'll heal faster if you quit smokin.

6. You don't specify whether you swallowed a piece of the bowl or bud

7. if i had a piece of a bowl lodged in my throat i would be at the emergency room

8. it was a piece of the bud, and it was almost an ember so it did burn.

If there is nothing there how long will it take to heal?
    It seems to be hurting worse today

9. Try gargling with salt water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. You need tae get tae the doctor asap. You'll been pan breed by the mornin if you dinny.

11. Yeah i agree it's just the sore on your throat created by the burning material that hit it. it should heal soon, to speed it up gargle apple cider vinegar, gargle sea salt, and take vitamin C

12. #12 BudButler, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    ya like everyone has said it will heal give it a week and do the normal stuff you would do for a sore throat like gargling salt water and avoiding anything that will irritate the throat

edit: as it heals it will probably hurt even a little bit more an Anti-inflammatory will probably help so will Lozenges so ya basically treat it like a normal sore throat you would get when sick

13. thanks guys, it's not strep I had it tested. It's been about three days now and it hurts the most

14. I don't think inhaling weed had ever caused any problems for me. It tastes gross, just make sure you drink something immediately after it happens next time dude. It could've burnt your throat a bit and that might be what you've been feeling.

15. If you've burnt your throat before, how long did it take to heal? I've been not eating much because of how it hurts, but when I do I feel like swallowing at all makes it worse.
    It was really bad last night but slightly better when i woke up.

Also, when it did initially burn it was a few chunks of ash and I spit several out. About four days ago now

16. You got yourself good. It should feel better soon I think. Did you tell the doctor what happened when you got tested for strep?

Use a screen in a pipe next time to eliminate the chance of it happening again.

17. it feels much better now actually (compared to last night, which was horrible)
    I shined a flashlight, I noticed a small cut at the back of my throat, most likely what is causing all this.

How do screens for pipes work, are they homemade or just bought?

18. Go to a doctor, tell him you have a nug of weed lodged in your throat, and have it surgically removed. Then go smoke it.

19. Good to hear you're feeling better. You can buy them from smoke shops, order them online, or when we were kids we would pop them off the bottom of the bathroom sink faucet lol. I don't know if that last one is safe.
    They just cover the hole so nothing falls through.

20. Or a little plug nug