Accidentally cut off branch

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kickdrumheart, Jun 2, 2011.

1. So I have a month old, and as I was fimmimg her I accidentally cut an entire branch clean off. What can I expect and is it possible for it to grow back even stronger? Any help is much appreciated. Enjoy your day

2. Is it vegging? What do you mean by branch; a shoot growing from a node or the main stalk?

3. It's a shoot growing from a node, and it's vegging. I cut it entirely off all the way to the main stem, so there's no nub or anything.

4. Let mr clarify better, I may be explaining it wrong. I cut off the entiren branch directly connected to the main stalk.

5. Dip it in some root growth hormone and clone it.... The main plant will be fine, assuming it's healthy already...

6. You can replace the stalk through normal training techniques if you want to. Just top a growing shoot that has a node, leave the node on the plant, give it plenty of light and two shoots will grow from it. It would add more veg time to get it back to about where it was. You should keep in mind that there's a limit to how much bud a given size stem system on a given strain can produce. There's a point when adding more stalks won't increase yield much if at all, without letting the whole plant grow larger for quite awhile & also feeding it alot more. For example, my plants do best at about six colas for the size they go into flowering at. Any more stalks and I end up with smaller colas that overall don't yield much more and have more stems.