accessories.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by m1ndfxck, Jul 4, 2009.

1. okay so. in a week or so ill be buying this bong

Glass Bong ICE DRAGON

but i will be buying it from EDiT. (EDiT site is down currently ?)

so i decided on this bong. looks cool. not too expensive and will suit my needs.

only thing is. i want to add some more stuff to it. precooler/ashcatcher.. diffuser.. anything i can to make that hit that much better.

i dont get the sizing with this bong ? i dont know. any help would be appreciated. as to telling me what size to go for. or even suggesting some precoolers/diffusers. OR whatever you think would help make it a better piece.

thanks in advance =]

2. Black Leaf Glass is terrible. They're a shitty acrylic company that just expanded into glass. Get something better. Maybe an EHLE; They aren't that much more. Hell, I'd rather see you get a WeedStar than a Black Leaf. But as far as accessories go, get any A/C you can afford, but just not a 1-piece. They are terrible with the spillover, drag, and carb (usually). Besides the 1-pieces, all the A/Cs on EDiT are essentially the same, besides that G-Spot, which is essentially a chubbler. If you really want to step it up, Get an inline a/c from SMG, BFG, or FMB. (pm me if you don't know these sites, no compeditors allowed) If you do this, be prepared to drop a quick 125-250. A diffused downstem is often preferred. Get one that fits your tube. The description in the above site is saying that it comes with a "Bushing" downstem. This means that the stem is completely immersed in the joint, rather than having the male piece in the joint with the female piece sticking out. Bushing stems usually have an 18.8 male and 14.5 female joint. So with the stem included in the above site, you would buy a 14.4 slide. But if you were to replace the stem, make sure you get one with a 18.8 male part (assuming you decide on the above bong). If you like, an additional attachment recommended by a lot are a CarbonFilter Adapter. This cools the smoke a bit, but its main function is to keep all the crap out of your tube (or A/C). It would be a very smooth smoke if you have the following setup: Bowl on CarbonAdaptor on Ashcatcher on Diffuser on Bong. Also, I can GUARANTEE you that you will almost never need to clean your actual tube. The drag won't be bad with that setup either. If the a/c is inline, there will be virtually no drag.

Hope I've been helpful.

3. dude you have been most helpful. i was looking at the EHLE. the um. e.motion. very badass.

I also REALLY. liked the magic tripleball. had a nice setup looked good to go really.

and then the mad scientist..

i just know know what way to go mann. im noob at this bong thing.

i liked the way this one looked. and the price wasnt high.. i was just going to put some parts on it for a nice hit... I dunno.

if you bought the above bong. what pieces would you get for it ?
    like if you had to have that bong and wanted all those parts you were naming etc. what ones would you get. some links or something would be great if you could. if not oh well.

thanks ..

4. I mean, black leaf doesn't necessarily make bad products, they just have a terrible bang:buck ratio. Lol. If you think the piece looks dope, get it! It will hit about the same as any other straight tube. I just noticed it has a carb. It's GonG, so buy a carb plug (EDiT: $0.75) and seal it permanently. Sliding is much more efficient, and satisfying. But yeah, I would go with an A/C for sure, reguardless of where you get it from. A normal A/C will more than suffice. I'd recommend just doing that now and maybe upgrading to the inline in the future. A carbon adaptor is like $25. If you can squeeze it in your budget, great. If not, no big deal. It will help, but it's not essential.

the tripleball i never heard of, but just googled it. looks like an oddly shaped tube with a wierd A/C. Wouldn't recommend it.

do me a huge favor though and stay the fuck away from the mad scientist. i've gone off on so many rants on how shitty it is....but to name a few: 2.5mm glass. thinner perc. perc can be sucked out of its joint. draggy as hell. etc etc.

Also I noticed that in the link you gave everyone, it includes your shopping cart information. lol. I did some snooping and you have the "EHLE Dirt Trap" in your cart. Don't get that. It's a dry a/c that just holds ash and doesn't cool the smoke. Pointless if you ask me.

5. lolol. i was just adding random shit. to look at later. im not even purchasing on that site. it doesnt deliver where i am. plus i feel more comfortable with EDiT. =]

yep. i was looking at teh carb plugs when EDiT wasnt down. yeah i read the bad reviews about the mad scientist. that perc sounds like a piece.

thanks again bro =]

thing that confused me really was the size. i mean. apparently at the bowl its 14.5 and at the end where its in the bong its 18.8. so anything like a a/c id need 14.5.

should i just get a whole new stem. like with a diffuser on it. and even if i did that. i would have to get a 14.5 to 18.8 ?

this is the weird shit that confused me.

6. The hole coming out of the bong is 18.8mm wide. That's all you need to know. You will have to get a whole new diffuser stem if you want it diffused. You can't make a normal stem into a diffuser without it being shitty. If the diffy is out of your budget, forget about it. A normal stem isn't bad, a diffy is just a little bit better, as most all bong additions are.

7. okay. so whatever I get whether its an a/c new stem or anything just 18.8

I can spend a bit on a diffused stem and a/c.

im probably going to go with what you recommended.

I will get the carbon adapter on a/c on diffused stem on that piece.

that is what i was trying to do. get something i like looks wise that isnt that expensive. and just spend money making the hit as nice as i could. =]

8. Right, and that's the lovely thing about Glass-on-Glass is that there's always room to add.

9. Maybe I was unclear on the joint thing. If you get the bushing stem (which I don't think even comes with the bong on EDiT) then your attachments need to be 14.4. If you replace the stem, THE ONLY STEMS THAT WILL FIT IN YOUR BONG ARE ONES WITH AN 18.8 MALE JOINT!!!!. The joint size of the Attachments if you get a diffy will depend on the diffy's FEMALE joint size. Get addons with the corresponding size of your stem's FEMALE joint.

10. MOST of the Glass is made in China. Unless they say made in the USA, then I would still research it. There are several "brands" of glass out there that are the same. You can get borosilicate and all others. You are looking for Borosilicate for sure. That is Pyrex. Do your research. Do not just buy a bong because it is kool. Unless you want to waste your money. People charge way too much for China glass. And American glass is much better. I am new of course but I am sick of paying over $100 for a cheep bong. So I order them from China and do not care if they break so much. Or have flaws. And I would love to find Crystal Bongs and Rigs.