accepting all suggestions and opinions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by 5mokestacks, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ok so i have 5 fans and a portable ac unit for my tent and when the lights off during the day temps are at 85-87 degrees and when light is on at night the temps go up to 91 to 93 degrees. the tent is in my garage and i am fighting florida heat. i have one of my fans connected to my ac unit with ducting meant to suck out cold air from the ac unit.i am thinking about cutting a square out of my tent and placing a small window unit through it to blow cold air directly into the tent.the bad part is that when it gets cooler i wont need the window unit and there will be a hole in the side of the tent.what is you guys suggestions and opinions on this ?

the window unit will drain into a plastic container and will be put into lower right side of the tent where the vurrent unit is now.

Attached Files:

2. i wouldn't just cut a hole... but your ducting is long and not insulated... your loosing precious cold air...

most sites sell plastic rings... double sided... that you could screw to the tent and then cut the tent out of the center of your plastic rings so you could attach your ac lower... like how your thinking.. then you could use a square to circle adapter to attach your a/c unit...

this could easily be closed and light trapped... and it would not harm the function of the tent... i've seen someone else who had to do that because they only had 5 inch ports and wanted a six inch opening... it worked like a champ for him

all parts were found at a local home depot... ill see if i can find a link... hope to have time tomorrow... im drinking tea... i will not be able to function after im finished

3. ... two blower adapters back to back threw the tent... bolt them together... then cut the center..

[​IMG]

EcoPlus Blower Adapter

4. [​IMG]

then use something like this to connect the blower adapter to your a/c unit... this is just an example... not what i would use... but i just wanted to show a basic example of something i know home depot carry's

keep us posted what you decide to do

5. i kind of have an idea will post pics maybe tomorrow if i can finish it

6. thats it man... wow... rabbit out of a hat... very cool

cant wait to see what you come up with, even if it not this design...

7. im just gonna get 2 flanges and mount them cut the hole and attach my ducting to the flange on the outside port and connect another to the inside port and connest it to my 6 inch inline fan.at least it will shorten the ac ducting alot and hopefully it will get cooler

8. it will... also.. try to find some insulated ducting... it will help

wrap a towel for a while till you can find some

9. thanks man once again you help me that why i gave so much credit to you on my last grow....

10. Straighten that portable ac line. The longer the duct the harder it has to work. Blow the cold air straight in and it will work more efficient. Short line through the bottom of the tent.

11. thats what im gonna do tomorrow.trip to home depot tomorrow morning

12. hey 5mokestacks...how is that AC unit working for your tent? i have like 120bucks to cool my tent (89-93F temps:( ) you think a window ac unit would work for this?