Accelerating Metabolism?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sublime, Dec 19, 2016.

1. If you chew your food less, would your metabolism work harder at all because of it? It just seems like it would take more work to break down bigger pieces. And I was thinking if your metabolism has to work more, maybe that could help accelerate your metabolism. Or maybe that has nothing to do with it?

2. Sounds like you'll have indigestion and your stomach acids will have to work harder. Good luck with that. Hope you don't get an ulcer.

3. Ha, nobody said I'd be trying it! I was just wondering if there was a correlation hahaha....Ulcer's do sound pretty fun though, but I think I'll pass..... LOL!

4. put down the fork fatty

• Like Like x 2
  5. Metabolism is a really complex process. The best way to speed it up is: eating every 3 hours (a snack, not a huge meal), cold water, and exercise...specifically cardio.

6. If you consider 135-140 pounds fat, then by all means! I've had the fortune of being skinny my whole life and having a fantastic metabolism. But I suppose time will wear it down.

I do this all the time by nature.... the eating every 3 hours. I eat spread out rather than all at once. And I drink lots of water and also juice. Sprite sometimes too. I don't exercise though, work and college is my exercise LOL!

7. Exercise can help a good bit, even walking will help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you were a chic and anything less than 6 ft tall then yes I would.

• Like Like x 2

9. What? You consider 135 lbs fat? Wtf lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. I wouldn't consider 135 lb fat at all..... I personally prefer "thick" if you will. Ithink 130-145 is a fine weight, I don't see anything wrong with it....!

11. I walk ALL the time at college and work.... Lotta walking involved! I walk more than you would think at my job...!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well it's all relative to height though isn't it.

But I happen to be in agreement, a little on the thicker side is a good thing.

To the point, if you wanna accelerate your metabolism look into fasting. Skipping a day or two of eating (in a week not a row) is probably the healthiest and most natuaral way to manage your weight. Just look back at history and evolution and nearly every other mammal on this planet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Metabolism is a tricky term...

Are you asking about energy? Like will it cause you to expend more energy relative to what you get from the food, thus help someone lose weight?

Or will it speed up your ability digest and expell your food?

I will say your body will function better if you eat nutrient dense foods, chew well and eat less often (at least for longevity).

Long explanation made short, i doubt any nutritionist would recommend that as a means to decrease body mass.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Only way to increase metabolic rate is introducing an enzyme to the reaction.....like...weeeeeeed!

Catalysts make reaction rates faster and therefore more efficient. As far as chewing your food goes, your mouth produces salycitic acid, which your stomach in turn uses to digest your bile turning it into shit. The human body is fascinating, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nah nah, if I work hard to lose weight and stay in shape my girl better be the same way. I don't mind a little extra but muffin tops be a no go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app