ac in grow room with dwc?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Gada_MooshKA, May 9, 2018.

1. hello harvesting world, I'm a newbie and have constructed a 4x8x6 grow room in my garage. I only plan on using a 4x4 grow area and want to put 2 5gallon dwc, with a 600w hps. I live in the most southern part of the United States and it tends to stay between 95 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer and fall months. I was wondering if using a window unit to help maintain temp and help with ventilation with addition to the 600w hps exhaust hood, also intake. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would highly advise on a window unit. i run an 8,000BTU window unit, I vent my light hood through the ceiling into the attic, if you have the funds a good humidifier and dehumidy will help. In my 4X4 tent i run 78F degrees lights on and 69 lights off during flower.

Durban Poison

3. wrap the res and or buckets in insulating bubble wrap. as for the lines if you're using them get black for light tightness and corresponding size in copper pipe insulation to keep the heat out of the system. as for res temps if you don't have a cool 500-1k for a chiller you can use frozen little water bottles for 5 gal buckets and 2l pop bottles for the whole system. also for res temps around 69f and up tend to have root rot problems unless a beneficial bacteria/fungus is used or keeping the res sterile using chemicals.

also air is a good point to cover too. i'd recommend working up to , as to avoid root shredding, about 150-200gph of air per bucket to keep things optimal. and the last piece of the puzzle is water flow if you have enough of two you can come up short on the third but to have two pieces of the puzzle failing and that's when root rot gets a hold.

4. Even with ac temps will get high with HPS. I'm in southern US also. Even with tent, hope ur walls are insulated
    I'm just talking from my experience