Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV bud to edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KirkyTurkey, Jun 6, 2016.

1. So I just bought a tabletop vaporizer and I plan to make ABV edibles once I stock up enough. I am keeping it all in a large emptied and dried handle of alcohol, and here is my question:

Can I put vegetable oil in the bottle and keep it on top of my fridge so the bud sits in the oil the entire time until I'm ready to use it or will that have some unwanted effects? I've never made edibles at all so I don't know much about it I have only read a little and saw two methods: 1 - fry the abv in a fat then use the fat, or 2 - soak the abv in a fat for a longer amount of time, will a month or two of it soaking be too long?

Thank you all 1 love

2. You'll still need to decarb ABV as it's low temps doesn't allow a full decarb so No do not store it in oil..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Couldn't you heat the oil to decarb? Or just let it sit for a couple months (or more?) for a natural slow decarb? I think MOFO makes a "low temp" oil by just letting it sit and naturally decarb over time. Cant search on my ipad but i think he mentioned something about it both the old and the new no till threads.

4. Just put it in a crock pot on low for 12 hours with abv and coconut oil. Once you get an 1/8 you could do it.