absolute beginners trial & error experience

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sparklebong, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I have Ph strips for my fish tank I'll need to research how to test soil Ph. One thing I'm concerned about is my femanized seed. It sprouted RIGHT next to my bag seed. Will it stress it out to much if I dig it up and replant it? I'm nervous with this guy since he actually cost me money and I know that it will be female I don't want to kill it of turn it hermie

2. They are still flowering. So i dont know yet lol

3. If anyone is willing to read through this to see what I already have I need advice. Finally have a bit of extra money, without spending over $30 what is the #1 thing I should buy for my plant?

4. Either more lighting.. some decent cfl setups on ebay for cheap.. or nutrients because u will need them...

5. Got a 60w cfl and a timer and I moved it to my closet. I put a plastic bag with holes over the seedling because it seems to be struggling. My fault. :( I started digging it up to get it in It's own pot and I think I must have stressed it. The other bag seed is doing great though. Set up the timer so they're on 18/6. :) I'll get nutes Feb 1 when It's 4 weeks old.

ForumRunner_20130122_205039.png

6. Ugh It's getting to hot again. If I turn my fan around so instead of blowing on the lights It's blowing away will that work? Maybe I need more ventilation, but how do you get ventilation and no light leaks?

7. do you have an intake fan?

8. I have one large fan blowing on them. So here's the set up:
    closet walls covered in Mylar. Fan blowing on plants. Blanket behind fan to block any light. Closet door shut.
    clst wll. Blnkt. Fan. Plant. Clst wll.
    [……………|………|= …# …………]
    Hope you understand...

9. I understand lol i would recomend adding a small fan for exaughst,your pushing air in but theres not anything pulling the hot air out it would help alot IMO

10. How do I let air out without letting light in??

11. You mean let light out? Lol sorry that confused me

12. #92 Ellipticsix, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    It really all depends. If you are trying to keep light in or out you can always make a light trap. Just make sure that you use dark colors to keep the light from bouncing out or in. On the end of your light trap you can add a computer fan or a duct fan depending on how much air flow you need.

The general idea behind a light trap is just that. Not to allow light to pass in the area that you have to expose to the outside. The drawing is poor quality and done quickly. The large box set aside would be a fan and you can attach that to your light trap to either pull in fresh air or push it out without having any light leaking.

Attached Files:

13. I meant let light in. Like in flowering I don't want light leaks!

14. I just hung a white sheet up on my closet door. Then sat in the closet to see if any light came thru. It works great for me.

15. Is there a fresh air intake? When u close closet door. Where the fresh air come in through?

16. That's true, I don't have fresh air coming in. I'm going to need to brainstorm redesigning this.

17. [quote name='"sparklebong"']

That's true, I don't have fresh air coming in. I'm going to need to brainstorm redesigning this.[/quote]

Maybe jus crack the door open for now. Fresh air intake is important.

18. Thinking of getting another fan and setting it up like this. I need another fan. I swear I've spent over $100 on this plant and if It's a female I probably won't get more than a few grams of weed
    ForumRunner_20130123_134216.png

19. Except it won't be upside down...

20. That would help out alot. steady airflow through the grow area