Absolute beginner

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rorymcilroy802, Mar 6, 2013.

1. I've decided I want to grow for the first time this season, particularly guerrilla growing. I've located a spot and I read The Grow Bible 2007 edition front to back but I still need other's experience in growing. I'm located in N. Ga so that means red clay :(

Here we go:
    What should I do/add to the red clay for optimal growing?
    What are some great tricks?
    How to property grow after the seeds budded, like anything indoor or use natural light?
    When to move the plant after its started budding to outside?
    How often should I check on my plants/ water them?
    I know I should plant after last frost, but how long does it take to reach budding?
    How to you tell the plant is ready for harvest? (not too early or too late)

I have more questions but can't think of them right now, so if you have any other valuable information you'd like to include, feel free to :D

2. I'm assuming since you say you've already located a spot that you will be growing outdoors. That's the information anyone will need to help you with your other questions. If you plan on growing outdoors, there isn't any need for artificial light unless you need to "harden off" your plants started indoors. A few CFLs should work to veg until you're ready to take the plant outside for good. As far as the other questions, you may want to re-read the grow bible and take a look through the stickies at the top of this forum. There are a lot of "tips" that you ask for there. As far as a "standard" process, you'll have to make your decision what you like and what works for you as you get more experience. One suggestion, take every step of the grow process as a separate event and PLAN YOUR GROW completely before starting it. Plans can and probably will change but at least you'll have an idea of what to do when you get to the next step.

GOOD LUCK!

3. Thanks! Some really good info I haven't heard yet. I know about NPK values and 10-10-10 ferts but ga red clay is really shitty to grow in. Does anyone know if I just add fert like any other outdoor guerrilla grow or add something more nutritional to the soil

4. Ive been reading more on how weed grows and it sounds like the growing characteristics are similar to the tomato. What I was thinking of doing is making a 1'x1'x1' hole with a mound, (since red clay = shitty growing medium) and add potting soil or w/e thats used for tomatoes. Would that work? I'm not trying to be the best or grow stricly organic since this is my first grow attempt

5. Now you have the right idea! It probably sucks to carry that much soil out to a guerrilla grow, but it's worth it in the end.

6. Just make sure to take the soil to the spot at night (like 2-3am) and go back to work it in during the day. Same when you actually take the plants out.