Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Absolute beginner?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheFacter, Oct 2, 2012.

1. So I'm never smoked before but would like to start. My first order of business is to make a pipe. I don't have enough money to buy one, so I need to make one. Could someone please explain the mechanics of a pipe or a bong (ie the parts that all pipes/bongs must have), as well as examples of homemade ones.

2. Whatever you do, don't use plastic.

3. Look up how to make an apple pipe. super easy ,safe and disposable.

4. I don't really recommend this for every day toking, but I used to take a sheet of foil and wrap it around a pen or something round. Then id fold one end up and open it into a bowl. Bear in mind smoking aluminum is BAD for you. So don't do it often.

Or look up online how t make an apple pipe. Personally id roll a joint before stooping to those measures tho.

5. Just go to a headshop and get a pipe. You can get really cheap ones for 5-10 dollars. A lot of homemade pieces if you don't know what you are doing can be very ineffective or downright dangerous.

6. Roll a joint bro

7. #7 Old School Smoker, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012

I have made bongs out of everything from 5 gallon sparklettes bottles to patio furniture.

You can make a quick easy pipe out of an aluminum can or an apple.

You can make a quick bong out of a 1 litre coke bottle and the metal cord tube from inside an electrical lamp. Just use tin foil for the bowl. Also make a carberator on it to clear out the smoke. Hope this helps.

P.S. this is horrible advice. Just save some money and go down to smoke shop and get a glass peice for about $10

8. You can get a corn cob pipe for less than $5...

9. Thank you all for the replies, but I could probably understand them better if I knew what all needed to be on a pipe/bong and for what purpose/how to use it.

10. You need a bowl (where you put your weed)
    A chamber (connected to bowl)
    And a mouthpiece (what you inhale from)

An easy one is the apple pipe. Rip the stem out, and make a hole with a pencil halfway down from where the stem was. Then go from the side with the pencil and make the hole connect to the one going down. You can either make the hole going from the top small enough to be your bowl without weed falling down, or you can make a bowl by using foil (don't use foil often) and shape the foil to fit in the top of the apple, and use a needle or something to make small holes in the bottom of the bowl for smoke to go through. But honestly, buy a small <$5 metal pipe, so much easier.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwyXjnG0PkQ]how to make an apple pipe(simplest easiest way) - YouTube[/ame]

12. How can you afford weed but not a pipe? A cigarette style one hitter at a Indian gas station is $5

13. Naw man, just a late starter.

14. If you're not underage, then acquiring a $5 pipe should be no problem. Seriously if you can't afford a $5 pipe, then you can't afford to smoke at all.

15. [quote name='"PapaBonerad"']

If you're not underage, then acquiring a $5 pipe should be no problem. Seriously if you can't afford a $5 pipe, then you can't afford to smoke at all.[/quote]

Exactly why I said underage, but try making an apple pipe

16. Apple pipe my man used it when I first started search it up on youtube.

17. That's why I made my comment. Everyone who post that they can't afford a pipe but can afford bud is just underage.

18. if you dont have an extra $5 to drop on a cheap piece to start out...
    maybe you should just get a 40oz

smoking can be quite an expensive habit to keep up with.

welcome to the culture