Absolute beginner grower and his mate. outside grow. mind answering a few questions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Patchy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. #1 Patchy, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    OK, me and my freind (Lets call him jim) are planning on getting some seeds (online) and growing a few plants. BUT. We are both 18, live at home and arnt gonna risk an indoor stealth grow. we have plenty of unused, out of site land that we can grow on. And we both have some questions

1) SEEDBANKS. Grasscity has a seeds section, do they ship to australia? if so, how do they ship them?

2) if above answer is 'no', whats a good bank that ships to australia (or is in australia)? Thanks, and links to site if possible

3) My dad manage a mulch/potting mix company, and regulary bings home ferts (lime, ferous shioz, and just good ole regular ferts) and mulch/poting mix. Is using ferts good qwit MJ? how often? Would a top layer of mulch do anything for the plants?

4) a regular bucket should do as a decent pot shouldnt it?

5) its an outside grow, im in the southern hemisphere at the mo', heat good, a nice sun, This'll be good?

6) Pest control. Im uessing theres lots of bugs who love mucnhin on MJ, how do i deter these bugs/animals? thanks,

7) final one. the seedbanks say the THC percentage of there strains, whats a decent percentage? just say, for nice mids

8)ok i lied, this is the real last one. Whats a good, easy strain? to start off with? indica or sativa?

9) nah kidding, this is. We have no were indoor that we can hang and cure the buds, were can we cure them other than hanging in a room? thanks
    thanks guys, ive read through the FAQ's n all but i just want stuf confermed

2. If you have this many questions you should read the stickies again folow them as best your situation allows and you should be fine. This year is my first try and I had horible pest problems/loses. If you can try bagseed first I have 1 plant left out of my origonal 30 I'm very glad I didn't pay $5+ a piece to feed them to slugs. Good luck.

3. /\
    thanks man and yeah I've read through most of the stickys but I just wanted my questions confirmed.

4. Oh, okay
    1. Don't know, but I'm in Canada and looked at a few that ship "worldwide" so that should include Australia.
    2. I'd asume most of them
    3. would retain moisture but posibly mess with PH, your gonna check you plants how often? Are you gonna feed them good nute on a schedule or just water once a week?
    4. Regular bucket? 5gal pails are too tall, they cut down to a nice 3ish gal, bigger pot bigger plant 3gal is small.
    5. you'll have to look into when your days start getting over 12hrs, I'm at 49n and just starting flowering I'd asume youd be almost time to plant?
    6. Depends on your pests and availability of pesticides (traps?) you guys have some weird shit down there. If it's not safe for food/non-toxic I personaly would not put it near my smoke.
    7. Sativa and Indica are not strains, any seedbank website I've looked at have recomended beginer strains.
    8. I'm not there yet but drying/curing afects quality/harshness alot but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I followed the stickies and rules as best I could making educated substitutions, check out my first try and see if that helps http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/864276-going-well-seems.html

5. /\
    ahk thanks man, care to tell me a few of the decent banks?
    And yh I was gonna water once a week, put ferts down 1 every 2 weeks.
    What do you mean "when days get over 12 hours" you mean over 12 hours of sunlight? And what is 49n?

Thanks bro

6. I have 5 plants, my baby gets watered once a week because my dirt doesn't drain as well as it should. That'd be fine if she was one of many out in the woods but not great for a prized pig I'd like to be fattening up. If you want lots from a few plants (expensive seeds) you need good drainage and frequent watering/fertilizing with good pot friendly nute and big/huge pots/holes 20+gal. I've never orderd seed, if I see a return this year from bagseed I think I'll go with Atitude, just because they have a decent selection of autos and others, and think I've seen their name mentioned a little more (my perception, not nesicarily statistcaly) in a good way. I'm at 49deg north latitude to plant outside idealy you want to be at at less than 12hrs of darkness and days getting longer. Alot of stuff is just preference so you should read more about how other people deal with similar situations, an hour spent reading "I fucked up" posts is a dollar saved in the long run.

7. Ahk man thanks

may I ask what "auto" seeds are?
    Also, "nute" is nutrition, is it not?
    So, with a better draining soil, more frequent watering is required? Saay 2 -3 times a week? Also, are nutreition ferts a need? All I have is some ferts (not sure what exactly, general stuff, according to my dad ferts arnt nutrients though)

8. Auto seeds are autoflower no 12/12 required, there is a sticky about them. Nutes are nutrients or good pot friendly fertilizers I'm using General Hydoponics Floranova. I used crappy miracle grow to start but my baby got big enough to spend money on so... Bottom line I'd love to walk you through this (blind leading the blind) You shoud read more posts and stickies knowledge comes from others expeiences/mistakes. If you check on her once a day for a week reading "help" posts you'll see what jumping in blind will get you, dead plants and wasted money. I did what I'm sugesting you do and I have one bagseed plant that should yeild over 1lb first try, thats all I can do because I'm new too. Good luck and patience/perserverence pay off big.

9. Ahk thanks man I appreciate your help. And yeah I wanted to get decent info before jumping in deep and effin up my first few plants. Also, 1lb? Fuuk aha how muc yield should you harvest from a avergae plant?

Thanks man, I'll just browse the forums like you said
    cheers

10. 1lb+, average is 2-4oz, boys in my family aren't allowed to even consider average results, go big or go home ;)

11. Ahk thanks,, I'll check out the attitude website thanks