Absinthe

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TempleGuard, May 15, 2008.

1. Me and a friend of mine plan on buying some Absinthe in the Summer (legal hallucination inducing drink, used in 19th centuries by Picasso and Van Gogh and many other people, but got banned and its legal now), but I dont know if it's worth it. I would love to hear some oppinions. And if someone knows if it would be better to do it with or without weed.

2. Not worth it. It's really expensive and you it doesn't make you trip out. It's just really bad tasting alcohol.

3. yea, contrary to popular belief, absinthe wont make you trip

granted there is a hallucinogenic plant (wormwood) thats in it, theres not nearly enough to make you trip, and to boot it taste like total ass

4. honestly dude, we snagged a 26er of that when we were in Montreal over the march break, and shooting it DOES give you a different effect than most other alcohol. I noticed an almost stimulating effect, and it doesn't eve ntaste that bad. GO FOR IT!

5. Some friends of mine bought an expensive bottle of it, they said it got them wasted and a like dizzy or something but definately not tripping and not worth so much cash.

6. It certainly does! It depends on the thujone concentration. If you are looking for a cost effective way to do this, you can make it yourself using a maceration technique. Feel free to PM me for advice.

You also need to know how to tease out the herbal oils held in suspension in the alcohol and that can be tricky. There are all kinds of devices that were invented in the 19th century to do this, like drippers and fountains etc. The key is ice cold (nearly freezing) water and a very slow, regular stream plus the water: absinthe ratio is important.

7. Its a lucid drunkness. You're wasted but coherent.

And it tastes lovely, just like Pernoid.

And its worth drinking because its fucking 160 proof.

8. Don't you have to pour cold water over a sugar cube and mix it in before drinking?

9. yea thats supposed to sweeten it up, but i found it easier to shoot than vodka. definitely worth try=ing if you have the chedda

10. :eek: There was only one famous genius that used to drimk it neat - Alfred Jarry. Each to his own:) It will have no other effect than high proof alcohol if taken neat as the herbals oils are suspended. It was originally an herbal "medicine" and the alcohol was merely a way of preserving and delivering the beneficial effects of the herbs and plants used.

Iced water at a ratio of 1:5, there are even galsses for measuring the correct dose.

11. As someone who has tried it I would only recommend it if money is not an issue as that shit is expensive. It's certainly a different drunk but if your looking for hallucinations I would go for something else. Also that shit is pretty high in alcohol content so make sure you don't drink too much and blackout cause it can definitely happen.

All in all it's a pretty good experience especially if you like alcohol in the first place I just could see spending a ton of cash on it when I can get better drugs like Acid for cheaper.