about to start first grow, need to make sure im doing everything right PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dudewhodidstuff, Sep 24, 2007.

1. I am going to be growing lowryder 2. I will start out using 6" pots, then once the plants show sex, get rid of males and transplant females into either 2 or 3 gallon pots for the remainder of the grow...Does this sound good?

The main questions I have are about nutrients//fertilizer and watering.

I will be using an all organic soil, prolly black gold, which is basically the same as fox farm ocean forest. I have heard some people say that with lowryder, no nutrients are needed, and with an organic soil mix, all you have to give them is striaght water...is this true? If not, what kind of nutes/fert should I give them, how, and how often? Is the best way to get a liqiud plant food and mix it in with the water on every watering? Could somebody explain this a bit for in depth for me, specifically the regimine with lowryder 2?

The next thing im wondering about is watering. How much do I water? How am I supposed to know how often to water? Both with the 6" and 2-3 gallon pots?

Thanks a lot

2. Hey man , I have not grown Lowryder but, I think I can still help you. Black gold/FFOcean forest has tons of organic nutrients. If those nutes do not over fertilize your plants you will probably not need to feed them until the beginning or in the middle of flower. If they do over fert, flushing/transplanting followed by no more feeding might occur.

Generally with chemical ferts, feeding should only be done once every 1-2 weeks. For organics and liquid organics feeding can be done every watering to every other watering.

Again, my guess would be with that soil that you will not need to feed until at least week 4-6 of life. You might not even need to feed at all. We will just have to wait and see or maybe someone with Lowryder experience will comment.