Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

About to smoke weed for the first time...tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheLastOneDead, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Probably. I remember I was walking around the mall and felt like I was floating.

2. WTF have u been smokin?

lol

3. Make it in an environment you are most comfortable in, and listen to the music you love. those are my favorite tips.:smoking:

4. Don't overdose on too many marijuanas

5. #25 G4Grassdetta, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    My advise is to prepare as one would whilst tripping.

Make sure the setting is right
    Make sure the people are right
    Make sure the activity is right
    Make sure your MINDSET is right
    Make sure your weed is right

Not everyone likes every strain so I would start out with a heavy indica hybrid 2hrs or so before bed and then try sativa.

Remember...the first time you drink do you want to get wasted? or just enjoy being drunk?

Try to take it slow and just realize it may not be for you. Weed personally made me quit drinking but everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Comparing it to drinking though...some people like the MJ buzz and some like the MJ slightly drunk and some like the MJ "Plastered/piss drunk".

^Just because you try one state and don't like it make sure you try the others out as well.

1/8th should last you forever if you get dank. 1G lasted me 5 days when I first started (granted I was not baked constantly). Dank will get you ripped more so if that's you're goal and you want to start out with the best you can find...go for it.

Personally I wish I had started with mids and worked my way up than starting out smoking some of the best strains available and be something of a Strain snob nowadays :p

Edit: Oh and my first time was not my best by a long shot...1 huge ass sour diesel bowl out of a massive bong almost made me black out and I was dumb as shit for a good while lol. I wouldn't advise going for plastered the first time unless you feel that the negatives are worth the risk.

Happy Toking.

6. Lots of good advice from you guys, thanks a lot. I don't have a scale, so I won't really be able to measure the amount I put into the bowl, that's what I'm lost on...not really sure how much to smoke haha.

7. You'll see when you smoke that the amount won't matter. Just pack a bowl of whatever size and smoke it until you're feeling good. You don't even need to finish the bowl If you can't. Just save it for later if you need to.

8. Take 2 or 3 hits, and sit on it for 10 minutes or so.

If you don't like where you're at, take 2 more.

If it takes more than 6 or so hits you may not be inhaling properly. You should breath the smoke into your lungs just as you would be breathing air. Let it get all the way to your lungs! It may be harsh, depending on the bud and what you're smoking out of, just remember that coughing is ok lol.

Good luck! And don't forget that smoking is not for everyone. You don't have to force yourself to like it.

9. Smoked some hash from a homemade glass bong at a party. Kept coughing my ass off all the time but managed to inhale, so I didn't fuck it all up. After going back inside, I remember first feeling funny while playing some drinking games, then I was laughing mad, unable to keep track of the game.. Ahhh, good ol' first times ;)

10. I got some tips for you:

1) Make sure you have water. You'll more than likely get cotton mouth.
    2) Make sure you have good food for munchies. Chips, candy, whatever.
    3) Don't over do it. Take a hit, wait a minute. Take another hit, wait a minute. When I first started smoking I could smoke one bowl (4-5 hits) and be high as a kite. If you do too much, you might get sick or whatever else. I've seen it happen all the time.
    4) Don't let yourself get freaked out about stupid shit. You will have high paranoia, but don't let it get to you.
    5) Smoke with a friend. It's always better and both of you can keep each other in check.
    6) Relax.

11. #31 BLT, Dec 8, 2012
    Do NOT smoke .5-1 gram for your first time! That is terrible advice. I remember the first few weeks of smoking I would go outside with a small glass pipe and load enough for 1-2 tokes. I was getting blasted off of extremely small amounts until my tolerance started to rise. It used to be really easy for me to get too high too fast. Years later Im now smoking around 1 gram of high quality nug a day and I consider my tolerance fairly high. I couldn't smoke myself into a panic attack if I tried, although concentrates are another story...

Freshko posted great advice

12. Good tips right here.

13. As far as amounts go, just pack enough to fill 2/3rds of the bowl. If you find that you don't need it all to get where you're trying to go, save it for later.

14. These are some golden rules when smoking for the first time! Especially the first two, you'll need to hydrate fairly well and keep your blood sugar levels going good. ;)

15. getting high for the first time is like cuddling with puppies while riding a roller coaster

16. This dude knows the drill

17. #37 Cannabis Cures, Dec 8, 2012
    Yeah honestly I thought .5-1 gram was pretty steep for his first time time. He should smoke at the absolute most like .3 but he doesn't have a scale so there's no way for him to tell the weight. Best advice for him is just take casual hits until he's feeling nice

18. No way youre going to smoke a gram your first time. if its dank. you will be good off .2 max

19. Also you might wake up the next day and your lungs kinda hurt. This is normal. This happened to me for a few months when I first started smoking. I got a vaporizer and it went away. If you decide to join us and become a cannabis connoisseur, I advise you to get a vaporizer. They are magnificent.

20. Go watch the video grandpa smokes weed for the first time, it'll make you laugh but you'll learn, I watched it high and cried of laughter