About to smoke for the first time?

Discussion in 'General' started by minyoongi, Jan 28, 2018.

1. #1 minyoongi, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Hello!
    As the title says, I'm going to smoke weed for the first time, but I have a couple of questions first because I don't want to mess this up. I don't know anything about weed and smoking it, so please bear with me and sorry if I said something dumb.
    Is half a gram of weed (in a joint, not an edible) enough to get me high or should I buy more? And how much time after smoking will it take the effects to kick in?
    Approximately, I know it's different from person to person.

2. Mg? do you have edibles? If you do eat them not smoke them lol, if you have weed just roll up a half gram joint that should get you high

• Like Like x 1
  3. ha try not to psyche yourself out to much bro. it's weed not rocket science. roll a .5g or 1g joint and blast off.....you will be high before the joints over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Yeah that’s plenty.
    You’ll feel it within 5 minutes. Peak around 30-45 minutes in.
    So easy and good luck on your journey.

5. 500 mg sounds like lot if you are talking edibles. If you mean a half gram, you are good. May not feel it the first time. If you don't, try again later. Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. First off, I may not be understanding your question, but I will try to answer...

Standard dosing size for a serving of an edible is about 10mg...LMAO. You will lift off to Pluto and never come back with 500 mg.

A gram in a joint is about 100mg of THC. So again, I may be confused here.

Either way, you seem to be in for a ride in which there is no happy ending LMAO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The thing about smoking is that you titrate your dose for the effect you want. Don't plan on smoking a quarter gram or a half, just smoke enough to get you where you want to be. When you feel the effects stop smoking and wait 15 minutes to see if you've had enough. That's the advantage of smoking over edibles, with edibles by the time you realize you've had too large a dose it's too late to do anything about it.